Introducing, The PUG....

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Cooper, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Cooper

Cooper New Member

The ammo in the picture is tula.
  2. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Should I?
    [​IMG]
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Looks like you already did... unless you just have mad skillz with photo shop.. I woulnt hack the carry handle off. I think it looks better with it.
  4. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

My opinion also, but it looks moot at this point or are you messing with us again?(ala tax stamp). Did you crown the muzzle as JLA suggested? I'm curious as to accuracy and current velocity achieved.
  5. Cooper

Cooper New Member

thats just a photo chop, I dont think I'm going to do it, it just did not grow on me.

Yes I did crown it, note the brass screw chucked in the hand drill. Alittle valve griding compound and some time and it looks pretty good.

It was good enough to hit a chest sized target at 100 yrds and golf balls (with a .22 kit) at 25 but IMHO a proper crown job should really improve that. I'm trying to find somebody locally that has a 11 degree reamer. Worse comes to worse I'll just buy the tools.
  6. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I confess i did wonder what that was in the shot for. :confused:! Your probably right about the 11 degree crown. Chrono if you get a chance. Inquiring minds want to know:D
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Get you one of these. Its a Brownells 79* reamer with a 1/4X20 T handle and brass bore pilot. This is set up with a .22C pilot for .22 centerfire. They sell 2 sizes. This is the big 3/4" one. You can order one from brownells and have it in 3 days for about 100 bucks for everything you see here. I have crowned about 20 barrels with this one and it is still very sharp. Just use good cutting oil.

Attached Files:

8. AzMan

AzMan New Member

I'm a little concerned with the mounting of your rifle on that motorbike. You have it right over the tire where a lot of road debris will be thrown right up the barrel. If something gets up there that you can't see, you could have a barrel burst from an obstruction. You might want to consider a mud or dirt deflector over that section of your front tire. Just something to think about.