The Firearms Forum banner

Investarms 50 Cal Questions

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hawg 
#1 ·
I got this gun from my uncle several years ago. I fired it a few times right after I got it. Hasn't been fired in probably 7-8 years. I remember when he gave it to me he said something was wrong with the hammer, that it wouldn't hold on its on once pulled back. Suddenly this gun has drawn some interest from me. As I was messing with it, I was trying to understand the two triggers. I noticed after you pulled the back trigger, the hammer would hold as it should. Is this normal operation on these? Starting to think nothing is wrong with this gun at all.

The next question I have is the barrel. It has some pretty bad surface rust. What all is involved in re-blurring the barrel? I'd like to do all the work myself if possible. I have no idea what the process is for re-blueing. Is this something that should be left to the pros?
Any suggestions/info on these guns would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
James

#5 ·
The hammer should stay back without the trigger being set first. You cock the hammer and pull the rear trigger to set the front trigger. Remove the lock and work it by hand and see if it works ok out of the rifle. The workings may be binding on the wood somewhere, especially if the lock screws are too tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.