The Firearms Forum banner

Investing in Colt and SW revolver questions

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Python 
#1 ·
i got into the precious metals several years ago and so far my gut feeling was right. now my gut tells me to put some money into collectable guns. i already have a safe full of shooters so i can hopefully resist the urge to shoot these.

now i don't have the kind of money to buy revolvers that already cost thousands each. my price range is somewhere between 500-1200. i want to concentrate on the era of WWII to the 70's or so. a few questions would be: should i only consider new/lnib or is very good to excellent an alternative. is it worth to pay the premium to get the gun with the box? are there specific models/calibers getting hot now? somewhere i read that the colt troopers, for example, are rising fast. the pythons are already pretty pricy which does not mean they cant go up more (just like stocks). was wondering at the amount of SW 29's for sale, as if everybody had bought those years ago and now want to unload...:confused:

#3 ·
Generally Colts are a better investment mainly because they are harder to be had. Not that they are any better but collectors and shooters alike usually are willing to fork out more money for a Diamondback than for a SW14

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.