IRS to harrass non-profits

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by henry0reilly, Jul 9, 2010.

?

Is a constitutional convention is a good idea?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2010.
  1. Yes, we need to change things.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No, we would lose the 2nd for sure.

19 vote(s)
    95.0%
  1. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

Changes in Indiana gaming laws and rules were already putting a hurtlocker on the fraternal organizations and now the feds are taking a turn.

The Infernal Ripoff Slimeballs have hired 800 new agents (nationwide) to audit non-profit organizations books and practices.

We are now required, under threat of a three year audit which could result in huge penalties and fines, to insist our entertainers accept a form 1099 if we pay them $600 or more a year.

The immediate effect of this in my town is that one our clubs lost the karaoke DJ, who apparently doesn't pay taxes on the money he makes from Karaoke, as he has refused to sign the paperwork.

What we desperately need to do as a nation is demand the repeal of the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution (direct election of Senators and Income Tax.
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

They will probably need a number of those agents just for ACORN.
  3. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Those new agents probably ARE ACORN.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Your poll: Is a constitutional convention is a good idea? IMHO, this would be a really bad idea at this time. With the Comunist in control of our Politicial system right now, I feel that we would loose the whole Constitution, not just the Second Ammendment if we convined a Constitutional Convention. Let us not go there!
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Why would you want to repeal direct election of Senators? You would rather have them appointed by the state legislatures? What you would wind up with is one political hack appointing another regardless of what or who the people want.

As for repeal of the income tax it isn't going to happen.

With this current group of nimrods we call the congress what you would get would be a gay marriage amendment, pro abortion, anti-gun and pro illegal immigrants plus other amendments to strengthen the federal powers over the states and ultimately us.
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

First, what in the world does the poll have to do with the thread subject?

Lost me there.

Second, if you're NOT paying taxes like the rest of us on earned income, then the IRS should harass you. For crying out loud, you're part of the problem. I don't like the alphabets any more than the next guy, but come on, pay your taxes. I file 1099s on sideline work ALL THE TIME.

It's the proper, legal, HONEST, and upstanding way to do things. Refusing to pay the taxes on earned income? Well, then, you're just a dirt bag.

Perhaps here's the connection...

What we desperately need to do as a nation is demand the repeal of the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution (direct election of Senators and Income Tax.

I'm all for repealing amendments like these, and we don't need a Con-Con to do it.
  7. vytoland

vytoland New Member

this is nothing new...............been in effect for decades.

suck it up and pay big brother..........just like the rest of us.:D
  8. graehaven

Here's why:

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2008/10/24/repeal-the-17th-amendment/

They did it the SAME year the FED was created. Evil, evil, evil!!! :mad:
  9. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

If your club is open to the public the way many fraternal organizations are now in order o survive because membership support is not enough by itself to keep the doors open, then it is a business and subject to all requirements of the IRS regarding that type of establishment. Do you keep a separate set of books for the "club" and the "organization"? If you are not, you may be in violation of other laws regarding non-profit fraternal organizations. If you are closed to the public and allow "members only" then there are different requirements and regulations that apply.
  10. lentz

lentz Former Guest

+1
    If you owe it,pay it!
    If you don't,fight it
  11. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

No effect on Bethany church.

No one there draws any sallary.
    The only one actually PAID is the guy who mows the lawn.
    $50 a mowing.

Now, that COULD break $600 a year, if he was paid twice a month for six months.

But that has never happened -

Thus far this year, this dude has mowed five times, and has not been paid once yet.
    The church treasurer says the church is too broke to pay him.

I am sure of these facts, because I am the one that mows it -
    And my wife is the cheap treasurer who won't pay me for it.

LOL!!!
  12. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The states rights argument seems to me to be a poor reason to even consider taking that basic right away from the american people. It's like saying I trust my state legislature more than I do myself. I remember reading that in Massachusetts the voters approved a rollback of the state income tax surcharge that was added on as a temporary measure 20 years earlier and the legislature just thumbed their nose at the people and said we are keeping the tax the same. Oh yes the last three speakers of the house in Mass are either in jail, awaiting sentencing or have served their time. The last thing we need is a politican (like a Blago) choosing another politican for the US Senate.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  13. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

You don't think ACORN would in any event be audited by this administration?
  14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Terry, what has happened is that we have Representatives who hold office for 2 and 6 year terms now. Both houses are beholden to their constituents for at most the last 5 months of each term. The remainder of their terms they are beholden to their lobbyists. 19 months for the House and 55 months for the Senate.

By making the Senators be elected by their Legislatures, they are beholden to their State Govt. before their loyalty to multinationals. At least, when you call your Legislator, you can speak to some one who can actually exert some control on the Senator. If your Senator ignores the needs of your State (think Az., McCain and amnesty) you get to have a new Senator next election.

Not the best game in town but probably much better than we have now.
  15. graehaven

Exactamundo!