irvyjohnson pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jjordan, Oct 31, 2009.

1. jjordan

jjordan New Member

I just need to know if anyone knows anything about this model it is E14362 it breaks down from the top it was my grandpa's gun and I got it just wanted to know if maybe someone could tell me what it is worth it is a seven shot 22. the barrel is about 4 to 6 inches long
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. jjordan

jjordan New Member

3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

First. you need to do a little work. Use the search forum and research Iver Johnson Handguns. See if you have provided enough information for the real expert Mr Goforth to properly identify it. By the way Mr. Goforth has his own life plus he is good enough to answer questions on three forums. Lets not rush him OK, if you do he might tell you where to put your Iver Johnson revolver:)
  4. jjordan

jjordan New Member

ok and thanks alot take your time and the no.E14362 is the only no on it other than a no on the trigger gauard it is 14362 this gun belong to my gandpa so I know it has to be a old one.
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the letter code E was used on the third model 22 rimfire seven shot safety automatic hemmer revolver. serial number E 14362 was manufactured in 1914, there were 3,600 manufactured that year of this model.

THIRD MODEL SAFETY AUTOMATIC HAMMER REVOLVER
    (Smokeless Powder Cartridges)--------------------1909-1941
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME VERSIONS USES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: Double top post barrel latch with Hammer the Hammer action. This model redesigned to be strong enough for smokeless powder. All coil springs, hard rubber grip panels with Owls head at top, optional oversize grips of hard rubber or wood were offered. Two frame sizes, four calibers, Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire 7 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 centerfire 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .32 Special centerfire with 6 rounds cylinder capacity, .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Weight: small frame .22 rimfire with 3 inch barrel 13 ounces, .32 centerfire with 3 inch barrel 13 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel .32 Special 19 ounces, .38 centerfire with 3 ¼ inch barrel 18 ¼ inches; Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see. The Third Model features a double top post barrel latch, coil hammer spring and four cross pins in the lower frame.
    VALUE: 100%=$250 60%=$115

bill
  6. mmrkk

mmrkk New Member

Eckville, Alberta, Canada (South central Alberta)
    Hey JJordan, This is mmrkk (Monty) do you have any pics of this pistol, it sounds very similar to one I have. I have 2 posts with pics)