Is any one else having problems with Covad DSL ?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

AntiqueDr
    (7/24/01 6:00:19 am)
    Reply Is anyone else having problems with Covad DSL?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Going on two years with DSL service with Internet America on a line provided by Covad. Out of the blue, I get a letter stating that IA will no longer be providing Covad DSL service, so I have to switch or pound sand.

The ONLY option available to me according to Covad is to switch to their proprietary service Covad.net. Gee, here's a deal. My DSL service gets interrupted for 3-7 days, I have to change all my email settings and get that inf out to a BUNCH of folks, AND get the privilege of paying an extra $15 each month! Wow! Let's do this annually! In the meantime I get a "free" dialup account... yippee!

This is kind of like finding out that your proctologist is Edward Scissorhands.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/24/01 7:12:47 am)
    Reply Re: Is anyone else having problems with Covad DSL?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Found out mine was gay. Told him he wasn't putting that shiney thing up my kazzoo. Wife like to bust a gut.

GG

Xracer
    (7/24/01 8:22:17 am)
    It's a sh*tty job, but somebody's gotta do it.

bondai
    (7/25/01 10:37:43 am)
    I have Cox at home high speed cable. Works great. There are occasional outages but no more than any other cable company and it is FAST.

Edited by: bondai at: 7/25/01 11:39:23 am

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/25/01 12:14:29 pm)
    Got cable modem myself. I feel for ya AD, once you go to DSL or cable ya''re spoilt!!! No way ya wanta go back to the carrier pigeons!!! LOL!!

rayra
    (7/29/01 11:30:25 pm)
    Re: Is anyone else having problems with Covad DSL?
    check out www.dslreports.com
    there's a front page article about Earthlink & Covad.

lots of good info on dsl services.

rich

(edited for link)

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 7/30/01 7:52:33 am

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/01 11:08:54 pm)
    Had a thing on them on cnn headline news, broke, needs money, tech support and other stuff. Like maybe a case of crappy management.
    Berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

rayra
    (8/8/01 7:12:26 pm)
    also just saw a blurb about COVAD being de-listed from the NASDAQ (about to be?)

MPinkston
    (8/8/01 10:13:55 pm)
    Reply Covad DSL
    Saw today where they are filing chapter 11.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 6:59:37 am)
    Reply Re: Covad DSL
    Doc
    better stock up on candles sounds like you're going to be in the dark shortly

AntiqueDr
    (8/9/01 9:43:46 am)
    I've got an MSN dial-up account that I use when I travel, so I wont be completely out.

This whole Covad thing really chaps my ass.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 1:52:57 pm)
    Doc, Look to your local cable provider and see what the availibility is of a full duplex cable modem service in your area. I have one and really do like it.

Don