Is anyone else possessed?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Gene Seward, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Yesterday while sitting in my tree stand bow hunting for whitetail I was thinking about what reloads I wanted to try next. I have hunted for years and still love it, but was thinking about reloading almost all morning. I was wondering if anyone else is possessed or obsessed with this reloading stuff?:)
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Next to shooting my handgun I like reloading best!:D
  3. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Not only am I juiced when I take a deer from one of my reloads, when I hear one of my brother's shoot, I just smile and know I had a small part in that success. Reloading shooting and hunting have now just blurred into one hobby that is all about me. I'm a happy, happy man !!!
  4. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Gene, yes I am a addict thats all I do I shoot every weekend (Sat&Sun). I think of my next hunting trip and I keep tuned up. I think of reloading while I'm at work, even thought about reloading at lunch in my little job site office I shoot on the weekends so I can reload after work during the week, I started reloading years ago thinking I was going to save money, all's I do is shoot more and spend even more money. You would think after 10+ years reloading it would loose it's appeal, not true in my case, my wife often brings my dinner out to my shop after work in the evenings. reloading for my is like crack to a junkie. I've got it bad.:eek:
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Naaa:)

(I'm still in the denial stage)
  6. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

My wife has seen me get this way with weight lifting, motorcycles, hunting, bow shooting, and now reloading. She tells me that I could turn stamp collecting into a competition. LOL All the others ended with this bad back stopping them, but I can reload with my back in a brace. I hope!!!! Looking for surgery #3 in the very near future.
  7. Trapperpete

Trapperpete New Member

OH OH sounds like I have wondered into another addiction . I just bought a RCBS kit and am looking at doing 22 hornet , .204 and 22/250 . I think it is too late to run already LOL .
  8. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Reloading? Shooting your own loads, getting good results, great fun. Possessed? Nhaa. I only dream about shooting. When I am not dreaming about nake... my wife. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  9. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

Not me, I can quit any time. I swear I can.:D
    Rusty
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I am always thinking about buying a different caliber gun so I can reload something new. Does this mean that I am addicted also.
  11. DoesItMatter

DoesItMatter New Member

I think the term should be 'Obsessed'

and yes, I do constantly think about reloading, or that next firearm,
    or next day I can go out to the range and cause some damage.

Not too into hunting though... I'll let other people kill Bambi,
    and then I'll eat it!

Hah!

I have to restrain myself from going into the local sporting goods stores
    cuz I keep thinking... ooh, I don't have one of those bullet weights,
    or ooh, I haven't tried that powder yet, or ooh, I don't have that manual, etc.

I need to watch the ooh's, cause the aah's of credit card bills can be painful!

My current obsession is the Mosin Nagants...

I'm looking to get a Finnish M39 next if possible!
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Quitting reloading is easy Rusty, I have personally done so on several occasions. :)
  13. Kestral

Kestral Member

The satisfaction you get from seeing dirty ,empty brass,being turned into clean usable reloaded rounds is .well you know !!! Kestral