is it me? or am I being "watched"?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ShawnDow, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

I dont know about you... but it is starting to seem like every time I load or click on specific links or web pages.. my computer is taking a whole lot longer to load the page... Im no computer goo-roo but I thought Mac's were suppose to be a bit less susceptible to viruses and hacking.... (I have a Mac..sorry P.C. people)... and as of lately... it has been a bear to load up certain pages and "topics" of choice, and I'm not talking about "x" rated sites.
    I guess its just me.....
  2. markfh

markfh New Member

Yes you are. Notice the ads in the margins just happen to coincide with things you've searched on. It has nothing to do with trojans or viruses.

As to your having a Mac, well, we all have our handicaps. :)
  3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

What browser are you using? They all load differently, for a variety of reasons. But that aside, there is a lot more javascript, xss, and other stuff that that has to load than there usta be. All this slows everything down, plus the simple fact that the net itself is running close to capacity, what with videos, full length movies, cell phones, VOIP, and other stuff all trying to use the same backbone servers and so on. And if part of it is down for some reason ( which happens more than you might think) it jams up the rest of the system.
  4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

mine's slowed down a little. figure it's just internet traffic and bandwidth problems
  5. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

get used to it,,, more and more not virus's but the lose of privacy,, they dont hijack u they follow u around the net,, and if u dont have your privacy settings right the amount of cookie trash and history files that build up is frightening,,,
    one of the best things i ever bought of my pc (available for Mac also) is webroot's "window washer" when u install it, it scans your puter and will not only delete but "completely" erase as in write over anything that used to be there !!!!
    do your homework and get involved with "internet privacy" there are several government sponsered groups trying to keep them out of our pc's,,, sorta the same fight as keeping our firearms in our pockets !!!
  6. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I've probably been on watch lists for awhile. I don't really care. They can think whatever they want.