The Firearms Forum banner

is it real

2K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  BETH 
#1 ·
don't know if this is real or if this is worth anything, please let me know what u think Bicycle part Trigger Metal Revolver Bicycle saddle

See less See more
#7 ·
Go advanced, scroll down to where it says manage attachments, click on it, a window will open, on the top line sellect browse, pictures, and then the picture you want to put on the forum, click upload.

#10 ·
To be honest Beth, I don't know. All my pictures are on my computer, and I have none in my TFF album. If you need for me to I can copy them, and repost them for you.

#12 ·
Here ya go!

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
It could be hard to tell when it was made and who made it without any markings. I'd be willing to try to fire it with a reduced powder load though :)

#17 ·
Beth: If you haven't already, you might want to slide a cleaning rod down the bore, mark the rod at the muzzle, then remove it and compare what you have marked on the rod against the length from flash hole to muzzle. Wouldn't be the first instance of an old timer sitting around loaded for a century or so.

#21 ·
Beth, looking at the lock, there is three pieces. There is the actual hammer. There is the piece the hammer hits. That piece should swing back showing the third piece - a shallow pan. That is where the priming powder goes. At the gun edge of the pan is a hole. The flash from the priming powder in the pan goes through that hole to the main charge in the barrel.

That's how far your ramrod should go. If it goes all the way back even with the hole, then the gun is empty. If the rod stops BEFORE the hole, there is something in the barrel.

#23 ·
French 1750s+, lock looks good, missing side plate, barrel shortened maybe 3". Restorable but not cost-effective, worth possibly $400 for its parts or as a project gun. I have restored a number of pistols as bad or worse, charging the owner much more than the finished product was worth. It was worth it to them because they were investing (say) 1980s dollars with a plan to sell in 20-30 years for the increased value over time.

#26 ·
Alpo gonna half to do some research i thought u put powder down barrel then ball then boom? That hole that u were talking about is so tiny how do u get anything in there?
Powder then a patched ball. I think the hole you're referring to is the touch hole. Nothing goes in it. The powder(4F)goes in the pan and the flash from it burning goes through the hole to set off the main charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.