The Firearms Forum banner

Is my F.B. Radom P35 Type I just a shooter?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Lanrezac 
#1 ·
We were disappointed to hear from a recommended local collector that our F.B. Radom P-35 had lost most of it's value since he pointed out that it had been re-blued at some point. We don't know much about this, but it seems like it is a 3 lever early model with a shoulder stock slot and it does have German proofs on it. He also said the serial number on the barrel seems to have been buffed off as well as part of the eagle when it was refinished. And he said the markings on the 2 magazines are missing, too. We'd like to sell it, but we've been told it has no collectible value - only parts or sentimental. Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The refinishing will have reduced it's value some. In excellent condition they are worth around 1500 so it does still have collectors value. I'd figure that it's still probably worth at least $800 and possibly some more. I kind of wonder if that local collector was hoping to get you to sell it cheap. What you have is a type I Radom that was made after the Nazi occupation. The date of manufacture would likely be in 1941. The magazines were usually marked, but not all of them. Type II and III Radoms in excellent condition generally bring around 700-900 in top condition and 400-500 in average condition. The type I is somewhat more valuable so something around $800 would be reasonable.

#4 ·
The $800 figure sounds about right as a retail price, that is, what a dealer would sell it for, not what he would like to buy it for. On these sites, we generally give retail prices and folks are disappointed when they can't get that price except on an individual sale. If the collector is a dealer or hopes to sell that pistol at a profit, he would certainly offer less than what he would sell it for. $250 less would (IMHO) be excessive profit, but he may have been willing to dicker.

Like everything else, gun prices can be negotiated, so if you want to sell, you now know about where to start.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.