1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

is my flintlock antique or a fake?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Megan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Megan

Megan New Member

I have aquired this gun through a family member who is from Portugal. I have no idea if it is real or not, and I need help figuring it out. From what I can see there are no markings on it. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

:eek:The screw on the flint mech.(cocking lever) looks to be modern or have replaced other screws. Looks a ''wall hanger'' type of firearm used for decoration.
  3. Megan

Megan New Member

so if its just a wall hanger than its not worth anything right?
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Sorry, but yes, it is a wall hanger. It was never intended to be a "fake" in the sense that it could be passed off as a real gun. It is just a cast decoration that is made in the shape of a gun. "Guns" like that, copies of guns of different eras, are frequently seen in restaurants or sports bars with a "pirate" or "cowboy" motif. It might be worth $25.

Jim