Is RCBS equipment now made in China ?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Freebore, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Freebore

Freebore New Member

At a recent gunshow one of the other sellers said that my RC IV (which was for sale) was the one now made in China, I have to admit I was a little setback to hear that news.

A close inspection of the press found no mention of made in China, but it also had no indication of being made in the U.S.

If it actually is made in China, I think I'm closing the book on RCBS

Any info out there .........?
  2. zb338

zb338 New Member

Free Bore,
    Outstanding oppossum. It matches your beard.

Zeke
  3. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

The RC frames have been made in China for a few years. Not sure if they still are. I can't find it right now but on another forum somebody e-mailed RCBS and asked that question. RCBS replied that some of their components are made in China but they wouldn't say which ones.
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Is RCBS equipment now made in China ?

What isn't nowadays? I just picked up a DVD player for one of my sons. It was Toshiba Brand (Japanese company). Buried in the fine print on the box "Made in China".
  5. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

I believe Lee and Dillon are made in the USA, not sure about Hornady.
  6. muddober

muddober Active Member

There are 23 nuclear power plants under construction in China right now today. We on the other hand to be "energy independent" are playing with wind and solar and if it keeps going the way it is we will be the ones pulling rickshaws. My point being everything will be made in China very soon for Wall-Mart and the rest of the world to purchase, evidenced by Tim's remarks about Toshiba as being a glaring example. If energy cost 20 cents per kilowatt hour here in the US and less than 2 cents in China one does not have to have a degree in mathematics to figure that one out.

Ron
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  7. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

I know my RCBS Chargemaster had a Made in China sticker on it. It's still a good tool, although I'd be happy to pay an extra $20-$30 to have a big old American sticker on it.

China, especially recently, is headed towards a more capitalist law than we are. When the whole economic thing hit China actually cut taxes to pull themselves out of it, and we did what again? Oh yeah, we spent a trillion dollars (borrowed from China) on shams and pet projects.
  8. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

One BIG difference between Chinese capitalism and US capitalism is that when some Chinese capitalist gets too greedy or otherwise screws up, (see the contaminated milk scandal) they take them out and shoot them.
    Hmmmm................
  9. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Well yeah, there is always that. Their overall economic policy is getting more and more capitalist though, ours is not.
  10. olehippy

olehippy New Member

Give Obama, Reid et al a couple more years, we will be so far into debt to the Chinese they will own us! (If they don’t already)

Miles
  11. clvickers

clvickers New Member

I sent an email to their company and asked this question. They told me that only the electronic items were made in China but the "other" items were made in Calif.

Carl
  12. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Makes me wonder then why does the box on my new trickler/powder stand say "made in china" ??? There's not a wire anywhere on it either.... I think maybe they've begun to cozy up to the new medical weed laws in CA.

Would ya mind fwding the email to me? I'd love to send a reply back to them.
  13. clvickers

clvickers New Member

This the what I actually received from RCBS:

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 18:33

Subject: RE: Where are your presses, dies, and other products made

All products with the exception of electronic items are made in our factory (Oroville, California).

Thank you,

Sheila Ennes
    Technical Service Manager
    ATK/RCBS Operation
  14. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Thanks CL, I'll shoot Ms Ennes and email tomorrow and see what kinda reply I get.
  15. clvickers

clvickers New Member

woolley,

Did you ever get a response back from RCBS??