Is Snopes legit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by red14, Sep 1, 2011.

1. red14

red14 Active Member

I recieved this e-mail. Can ya'll help me find out if it's true, before I send it on or delete?

We-l-l-l-l now, I guess the time has come to check out Snopes! Ya' don't suppose it might not be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes, do ya'? We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros! Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama!

In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions. I went to Snopes to check something about the dockets of the new Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan, who Obama appointed and Snopes said the email was false and there were no such dockets. So I Googled the Supreme Court, typed in Obama-Kagan, and guess what? Yep you got it; Snopes Lied! Every one of those dockets are there.

So here is what I wrote to Snopes Referencing the article about Elena Kagan and Barak Obama dockets: The information you have posted stating that there were no such cases as claimed and the examples you gave are blatantly false! I went directly to the Supreme Courts website, typed in Obama Kagan and immediately came up with all of the dockets that the article made reference to. I have long suspected that you really slant things but this was really shocking. Thank You, I hope you will be much more truthful in the future, but I doubt it.

That being said, I’ll bet you didn't know this. Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship. Now she may help rule on them. Folks, this is really ugly. Chicago Politics; and the beat goes on and on and on. Once again the US Senate sold us out! Now we know why Obama nominated Elana Kagan for the Supreme Court. Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket and search for Obama. She was the Solicitor General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born citizenship. He owed her big time. All of the requests were denied of course. They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it? Here are some websites of the Supreme Court Docket: You can look up some of these hearings and guess what? Elana Kagan is the attorney representing Obama! Check out these examples:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-8857.htm

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-6790.htm

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-724.htm

If you are not interested in justice or in truth, simply delete. However, if you hold sacred the freedoms granted to you by the U.S. Constitution; by all means, PASS it ON! There truly is tyranny afoot.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

snopes is biased as heck , 90% of its stuff is legit but when it comes to Obozo

now way it'll side on his side

the email about GW Bush visiting Oz troops was panned by them as fake and stated it was obama who visited injured troops , obama has not been to Australia FACT!, GW has twice , i met him on his last visit at the repat hospital ( like your VA hospital )

snopes LIES
  3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Snopes rarely investigates anything other than by calling the people or companies etc that are involved and asking them if the alligations are true or not...Well...DUH...
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

Yup - haven't been on snopes in many years, when I started seeing the slant in their reports.

Using snopes is like asking the waiter what's good, or asking a stranger if he's seen a good movie - mostly opinion that outweighs fact.

It's advisable to do one's own research and not trust any one source, especially that one.
  5. red14

red14 Active Member

Jack, I can't find any information about this^^^.

Can you help me?
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

only record i saw ( never made the main news) was the veterans news here , i'll scan and post ( gotta dig it up )
  7. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
  8. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

Snopes is partially funded by George Soros. Just avoid it on political issues.
  9. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

That's my take on Snopes also, a website or any other "facts" supplier is only as reliable as the humans behind it. That's why there's so many of us here that insist on double checking and cross referencing our loads and not going off of second hand info; check, check and check again. I have only been to snope once and that was years ago; they're no more useful than concrete toilet paper in my opinion.
  10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I went to Fact Check and all I found said Snopes Apolitical. I could find
    nothing saying they leaned left or right. The left accuse them of favoring
    the right and the right say they favor the left. Fact Check leads me to
    believe they are trying to do an honest job.
  11. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

I use Truthorfiction instead of snopes
  12. medalguy

medalguy Member

If you research the Kagan issue, as my wife who was a court reporter did, you will find that all these cases referenced from lower courts had absolutely no bearing on Obama himself. They named President Obama (as head of the government) and others (et al in the suit) as defendants. This is the standard way of filing a suit against the U S government. Kagan was the Solicitor General during this period, so she was the person who would have represented the interests of the government. The Solicitor General is simply the person (like a DA) who represents the government's interests in cases. Therefore she is named in all of the cases that request hearings before the Supreme Court. Suits filed against the government during President Bush's administration had the same format. Incidentally, it is the Justices who decide which cases will be heard, not the Solicitor General. Do you think the conservative justices would have stood still for cases not being heard if they really merited a hearing?

These cases had nothing at all to do with Obama's birth or citizenship. They were simply cases filed against the government. I'm not sure about George Soros funding of Snopes, but everything I have ever researched through Snopes has checked out as 100% legit.
  13. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I give Snopes no more or no less credibility as CNN
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

:yeahthat:
  15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Truth or Fiction also says Snopes legit.
    They say they are accused of same bias by both sides.