Is the cheap 7.62x25 all gone????

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by polishshooter, Apr 24, 2011.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I saw in my most recent SGN J&G and others listing like 1260 rounds of Polish Tokarev ammo for like $95, and case prices just a little higher for other makes of milsurp, so when I found the Romanian and unidentified milsurp at the shop in Indy I only bought one box of each at $12.95 thinking that was steep...

UNTIL I got on the internet to order a case and found absolutely NOTHING available at all the dealers and jobbers!:eek::mad::mad:

Is it drying up? What do you think my chances of finding a case at the Indy 1500 show next month will be, or should I stock up on the $13 stuff I found?

Story of my life, a dollar short and a day late....:cool:

Does anybody know who has any available besides the overpriced stuff on "Bran X" that with shipping puts me CLOSE to what I'm paying by the box now?
  2. jmace57

jmace57 Member

I'll be darned. It has ALL dropped off the map since yesterday. It was available all over the place. Everywhere I look it is gone. Military Shooters, Centerfire Systems, J&G, AIM...everywhere. I wonder what happened?

I'm glad I went in "halfs" on a box of this a month or so ago.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  3. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Do a google search for that caliber. It's out there. It's pricier than it was.

Also, be it known, ammo prices are going up 10-20% next month (May). Stock up while you can.
  4. polishshooter

I googled it and got no hits other than auction sites. The good news is FACTORY stuff is available, Winchester, S&B, Privi, etc.

But that's not why we bought these.....:cool:

I heard Widener's still has Polish...
  5. polishshooter

Crap, WIdener's has none either...

And yeah you get a BUNCH of hits on google, but none of them are CURRENT....

It looks like nobody has anything but new production factory....crap...:mad:
  6. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Sorry, then, YES, the answer to your question is YES, all the cheap stuff is gone. You'll have to buy the new factory stuff.

However, my take on it is this: IF you can still buy ammo (at any price), it's cheap. The day WILL come, when you can't.
  7. Calm_like_a_bomb

Calm_like_a_bomb New Member

I found this site\thread when doing a google search for "is all the 7.62x25 gone". I just bought a M57 cause the ammo has been plentiful and cheap. Now I find that it's all but gone.

I checked a gun auction site and found ky imports. They seem to still have it at a resonable price. ~11 for a box of 70. Not as cheap as it used to be, but cheaper than the $15 bucks for 50. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I did order some from them, but I have never done business with them befor so I can't vouch for thier service/products.

CLB
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. jmace57

jmace57 Member

It's a good find Calm...not the $5-$6 it was, but better than I am seeing elsewhere. I have talked with 2 distributors...one said they are hopeful to get more in a few months...the other said they have no idea if it will become available again.

I bought 4 boxes...just in case...I'll let you know how it works.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Thanks for the heads up and welcome to TFF ! Let us know how the order turns out, sounds like one of the more reasonable deals around. ( and maybe the last )
  10. pawn

pawn New Member

If mil surp is gone then that is some bad news. Was the best short round deal going for years. Hope this is just a hiccup in supply :confused:
  11. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Hope your right ,Pawn. Looks like a little rationing is in order for the foreseeable future.
  12. pawn

pawn New Member

I emailed this question to Ammunition to Go, one of my favorite online vendors. They appologized for this item being out of stock and indicated that they had more ordered from their supplier.
  13. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Hah!
    Exact same thing I did, same company, same answer! At least they know we want some. Although I suspect the new price will reflect that knowledge.
  14. polishshooter

KY Imports is a good company if I remember right. I believe they are affiliated with "Clearview Investments" which dealt with CR guns and accessories.

I used to be on the road a lot down south and used to order and pick up from both when I was in Kentucky.
  15. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

Wouldn't you know I just ordered a TT33 Tok yesterday. I bought some for my BroomHandles but they were too hot for the 7.63X25s. I can use them up and reload.:(Good Luck

RC
  16. pawn

pawn New Member

Romanian or Yugo?
  17. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

I been hoping to get 6 or more 1260rd cans and i been buying it every other month lately. I seen it sold out and i hope its on order with more comming. I like to stock up on it before it runs out completely. The last time i seen it i think it was $89 on sale. But i have seen the regular price at $119. Its nice to shoot some guns and not have to reload. Bill

BTW; The tokarev ammo is way too hot for broomhandles and lugers too. Even the newer 9mm luger ammo of today maybe too hot for the lugers, the p1's and the p38's too. I'm learning the german pistols can be ammo finiky too like they don't like the hotter ammo. Some guys have even tried using stronger recoil springs in the p38/p1's and only ruined the pistol in the end because there not designed to shoot the hotter ammo nor be adjused to shoot it. I'm playing it safe with my new P1 right now. I made reload some 9mm for it just to besafe.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  18. john_bud

john_bud New Member

I too would like to stock up and get a few cans at the old price!

Let's all hope we can get the pipeline opened back up.

If not, I wonder how much it would cost to import 6-8 semi-truck loads of ammo from Poland or Yugo-land? I'm guessing that in that volume would be like 20-30 bucks a can?
  19. jmace57

jmace57 Member

Where BigBill, where? I would buy a can for $119 i a second.
  20. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

Century arms had them for just $89 a can a while back on sale these had split necks on some of them but very few they said they were still safe to shoot too. I grabbed all i could but lately there run out of stock. I guess with the m57 tok being offered the ammo is sold out now. I hope we see more of it. I been saying if you shoot it you better stock up on it before it runs out.

Over a decade on another forum we talked about the surplus military rifles drying up. We all agreed the military surplus ammo would start to dryup first. Soon after the military surplus 8mm mauser ammo started to become spotty to get. They offered it then they didn't have it. Soon after the 8mm ammo started being spotty the surplus guns started drying up. Its been a horse race to see which one will go completely gone first.

I like shooting the cheap affordable surplus ammo because we don't have to reload it. Its been fun for the two decades we had an endless supply og the surplus ammo. The supply came and went in my lifetime and i never expected that to happen, heck in just 20 years. I can talk about the good olde days of the surplus ammo right?

I plan on having enough for my kids to shoot in there lifetime too in surplus ammo and reloading there all set up except for bullets/primers/gun powder. Bill

BTW; With the ammo prices being at an all time high with spotty shortages the next thing is for the reloading equipment to become sky high or they wikll have shortages too because of the demand for them. My message is to stock up on everything for reloading too. All the dies and presses you need to keep shooting.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011