Is the cheap 7.62x25 all gone????

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by polishshooter, Apr 24, 2011.

1. pawn

pawn New Member

Romanian or Yugo?
  2. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

I been hoping to get 6 or more 1260rd cans and i been buying it every other month lately. I seen it sold out and i hope its on order with more comming. I like to stock up on it before it runs out completely. The last time i seen it i think it was $89 on sale. But i have seen the regular price at $119. Its nice to shoot some guns and not have to reload. Bill

BTW; The tokarev ammo is way too hot for broomhandles and lugers too. Even the newer 9mm luger ammo of today maybe too hot for the lugers, the p1's and the p38's too. I'm learning the german pistols can be ammo finiky too like they don't like the hotter ammo. Some guys have even tried using stronger recoil springs in the p38/p1's and only ruined the pistol in the end because there not designed to shoot the hotter ammo nor be adjused to shoot it. I'm playing it safe with my new P1 right now. I made reload some 9mm for it just to besafe.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  3. john_bud

john_bud Member

I too would like to stock up and get a few cans at the old price!

Let's all hope we can get the pipeline opened back up.

If not, I wonder how much it would cost to import 6-8 semi-truck loads of ammo from Poland or Yugo-land? I'm guessing that in that volume would be like 20-30 bucks a can?
  4. jmace57

jmace57 Member

Where BigBill, where? I would buy a can for $119 i a second.
  5. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

Century arms had them for just $89 a can a while back on sale these had split necks on some of them but very few they said they were still safe to shoot too. I grabbed all i could but lately there run out of stock. I guess with the m57 tok being offered the ammo is sold out now. I hope we see more of it. I been saying if you shoot it you better stock up on it before it runs out.

Over a decade on another forum we talked about the surplus military rifles drying up. We all agreed the military surplus ammo would start to dryup first. Soon after the military surplus 8mm mauser ammo started to become spotty to get. They offered it then they didn't have it. Soon after the 8mm ammo started being spotty the surplus guns started drying up. Its been a horse race to see which one will go completely gone first.

I like shooting the cheap affordable surplus ammo because we don't have to reload it. Its been fun for the two decades we had an endless supply og the surplus ammo. The supply came and went in my lifetime and i never expected that to happen, heck in just 20 years. I can talk about the good olde days of the surplus ammo right?

I plan on having enough for my kids to shoot in there lifetime too in surplus ammo and reloading there all set up except for bullets/primers/gun powder. Bill

BTW; With the ammo prices being at an all time high with spotty shortages the next thing is for the reloading equipment to become sky high or they wikll have shortages too because of the demand for them. My message is to stock up on everything for reloading too. All the dies and presses you need to keep shooting.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

BTW; It wasn't until the yugo m57 tokarev was offered when the 7,62x25 ammo started drying up. I guess all of us are thinking the sameway cheap gun, cheap ammo, cheap plinking right?

My point is i hope someone offers a change over for the tokarev to 22lr??? Or even a change over for the CZ82 in 9mm mak to 22lr too. Bill
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

You're dreamin', brother, but I'm having the same dream! A 22 kit for my M57 would pretty much make my day(hell, might make my year!)
  8. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Switching your M57 Barrel for a 9MM will at least give you some relief,,the barrels are,nt that expensive and the switch over is EZ,, polish the Feed ramp and use FMJ I use the 7.62 mags ,,get a jam once in a while because the 9M round is shorter,,when I have a couple spare bucs to spend maybe I seek out some 9mm mags
  9. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

I have a chinese tokarev in 9mm luger and in 7,62x25. The 9mm luger isn't a converted one its orginally in 9mm luger.
  10. Smoke

Smoke Member

11. jmace57

jmace57 Member

...and out of stock again. I would have bought a bunch, Smoke.
  12. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

managed to buy 700 rounds on line at about 19ct a round about a week ago
  13. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

good find, where'd you get it at? I picked some up off a local forum a few months back and am glad I did; I paid just under $8.50/100. I should be stocked up for at least the next few years.
  14. jmace57

jmace57 Member

15. Smoke

Smoke Member

I hope the price on the 5.45x39 ammo doesn't go the same way as the 7.62x25 has when the surplus supply dries up.:bleh: