Is the pro-2nd Amendment Vote Taken for Granted?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Mar 12, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Patriot Act was put in place by Bush. bHo screamed all through his campaign that it had to go.

He not only didn't get rid of it, he's expanded on it.

al awlaki absolutely needed to be put to death. But, killing an American citizen without due process, IMO, was the worse thing I've personally ever heard of, in regard to a POTUS, in my entire life. Nothing else comes close.

I was pleased when it was announced. Since then, I thought it over, often. I don't know where else this kind of " authority " can lead. One could expect it from the Russians, and the rest of those not mentioned as being part of " The Evil Axis ".

bHo, I'm sure, thought of himself as some kind of hero for approving it. But, IMO, take everything he's done in his attempt to " change " America for the worse, and they don't add up to the damage he did, with that one single act.

The next thing we'll find out is, he's passed legislation that says all Americans are subject to arrest, w/o being charged, and can be held indefinitely, without the ability to seek counsel.

Patriot Act? Not even in the same ballpark. Just as well, the games rigged anyway. bHo=1, America=0
  2. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

The problem is that the parties have been taken over by the progressive movement. The only way to possibly salvage this thing is to elect Constitutionalists. However, we need not fool ourselves that this thing can be quickly fixed. It has taken over 100 years of concerted effort to get it into this mess.
  3. pickenup

pickenup New Member

That was done by "executive order" it did not go through the "legislative" process.

Since we are talking about gun bans, we can talk about when BUSH permanently banned 43 DIFFERENT TYPES of firearms from importation. We will never know how many MILLIONS of firearms that potentially affected.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

You didn't hear? He already did that. It's called the National Defense Authorization Act, and it authorizes the President to use the military to arrest and imprison US citizens indefinitely without trial. Read more here.
  5. raven818

Yeah, I heard. I just wanted to remind those who heard/read about it, that it was out there.
    Maybe(?) that's what he needs his personal Civilian Military for.

Sure, he's gonna get rid of The Patriot Act, close Gitmo, bring the country together as one, and all the rest of the promises to America he's made, and broken.

School books and history books are being rewritten, and as an example of how well that's working, our country's Snipers have never heard of Hitlers SS.

I'm sitting here gritting my teeth, and I'm going to end up with another one of " those " headaches....what the hell for.
  6. Munch

Munch Member

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER Congrats 45auto. You asked the right question! Now, we, as gun owners need to figure out that it isn't the party you vote. More so the person and the ideals that they hold dear. Why don't all of us throw our hats into the next campaign? I hear more logic and sound reasoning here than I have heard from politicians in more than a decade.
  7. CampingJosh

I figured you knew; otherwise that was incredibly prophetic. ;)

I mostly wanted to post a link to that article so that others would be aware. Can't put information out there too many times.
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the link. In Jack's link 0 refers to having high school and university students do community service to do something like promote a volunteer or community spirit...the university students would get financial reward.

It puts me in mind of Hitler's youth movement.
  9. raven818

That was the purpose of my " prophecy ". I think I'll probably allude to it 70-11 more times before November. ;)

Bump. :D
  10. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Well then why did the people vote for Obozo?
  11. CampingJosh

The Democratic Party has had the same strategy as the Republican Party.
  12. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Yeah thats a fact.
  13. raven818

Cause he lied, maybe? Yeah, I know, they all lie. But his pitch was the best yet. Now that we know he is what he is, there's no reason he should get elected again. Well, maybe one reason. All votes/electorates will be totally computerized for results.

Like I've said, if they can hack the pentagon...
  14. BlackEagle

So the results of the election depend on who does the hacking, or who is the more effective hacker? Gone are the days of the Battle of Athens? :(
  15. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

To get back on topic, I think the NRA and the GOP have to hear from 2nd Amendment voters.

To the NRA: Give us more complete and accurate information.

To the GOP: Stay true to the 2nd Amendment! No candidate should get a GOP endorsement if they have voted against the 2nd Amendment in elected office.
  16. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

here is another can of worms. this is why i do not vote. when they can put a honest "for the people" canadate up there then i will vote but until then i will not be held to blame for the crooks who run our country into the ground.
  17. al45lc

al45lc New Member

As I have stated once before, it's this dogmatic divisiveness that will keep Obama in power. We are our own worst enemy.
  18. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

There are approximately 100 million registered voters who are more center in their thoughts that do not vote. If we can get 10% of them to vote it will totally change the election. Obama and his minions will be gone and we can continue the long task of taking our country back. It has taken over 100 years to get us here via the progressives, it will take time to turn this thing around. The President is important but we need to change the Senate and strengthen the House with more pro 2A and Tea Party type of candidates. If we have Congress, we can force changes even if it requires veto over rides. It isn't going to be fun but we must get it done. We are "We the People".
  19. BlackEagle

:yeahthat::thumbsup:
  20. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Ron Paul, the first REAL "for the people" candidate in decades, and that's not enough? He's the most outspoken statesman AGAINST big government in favor of the constitution and the PEOPLE in my short lifetime of 42 years!!!

Pray tell, who might you be wishing for?