The Firearms Forum banner

Is the Sig P938 still be best CC9

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  coloradowarhorse 
#1 ·
OK.... So a few years ago i got my girlfriend CC licensed and bought her the Sig P238. I have a HUGE crush on this little .380. So much so I decided I wanted the P938 to alternate with the G26 that I normally will carry. I have been dreaming of getting this little (expensive) gun on my waist for a while now and I think I may go to the gun show this weekend and finally "pull the trigger".
My question is this............granded it's been a while since I researched the gun and havent done much reading on it in some time, sooooo,
Is there anything new regarding this gun, or another comperable model, that I should consider ?

#3 ·
chad, check this review out, he's a bit longwinded, but he reviews with comparisons to some other great 9mm''s, and bottom line, the 938 is worth having if you have the $$$. (note: this guy is a military officer, who's been doing reviews on gear for a long time). at about 7 minutes in he introduces the 938, and reviews it from there.

#4 ·
I've got the P238 as my primary ccw and I love it. There's isn't a single thing I'd change - I've already put on Hogue grips and the extended magazine, so this great gun is already perfect. But my next handgun will be the P938 - absolutely. It's so much like its baby brother that I have no doubt that I'll like it even better, and I'd rather carry a 9mm than .380 if I can.

#8 ·
Well I got it!!! I picked up the P938 at this weekends gun show. Sick for spending that kind of money, but know this will be in the family for generations now.
Firdays mail also delivered a new Fixed blade knife i had been waiting on with custom sheath.

the first model i picked out was the two tone. The card on the box said it cam with the extended mag, but once we were processing i found out that it only came with the flush mag. I decided to go with an all black model with the real agressive G10 (i think???) grips. It came with both mags for $50.00 more. I'm real glad i made the change because i absolutely LOVE these grips.
Cant wait to shoot it now. I cant imagine ever being unarmed now. There are no excuses.
love it, love it, love it!

#9 · (Edited)
A great choice. Mine is the black one and it did not come with an extra magazine. I keep looking for another mag at a good price and so far the best prices are on eBay, just have to bite the bullet and spend 35 bucks on one. They shoot like a dream, just like the P238 does. The sights are really good for such a small pistol. It eats anything and everything I have fed it.

I bought a paddle holster from these folks and am really happy with it: http://www.cooksholsters.com/ You can probably find one as good a little cheaper. I bought this one basically because they are kind of local and they are contributors on another forum I visit a lot.

#10 ·
Nice link, gd! Thanks!

I've had trouble finding good holsters - a shame, really, since I used to know John Bianchi when he visited my restaurant 40 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.