Is there a real pistol out there like this one

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hman, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Hman

Hman New Member

Hey guys,
    About 8 years ago an anime show called "Outlaw Star" appeared on TV. The show had some nice designs and all but I really didn't get into them that much. Then today I was perusing one of the current collectors pistol magazines when I saw a "noble pistol" that reminded me of the show. The real pistol looked markedly similar to the ones on the anime, though still distinctly different, so I thought I'd see if anyone knows if the fictional pistol was based off of any real pistol.

Thanks a bunch all,
    Hman

Attached Files:

2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Both the gun and the Anime itsself are based on someones vividly wild imagination....

mike
    gn
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Mike are you say that it isn't real? :eek:!!!! Now I have to look for another hero:D
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh don't get me wrong.... i love watching that "Inuyasha" anime cartoon but it is afterall mostly BS !!!! :D;)

mike
    gn
  5. greeker375

greeker375 New Member

Don't know for sure, but, years ago a friend owned a Ruger .22 with a 6" barrel. NOT stock as the barrel had a full length silencer built into it and I'd swear it looks exactly like this one.
    P.S. It Shot G-r-e-a-t!
  6. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Kinda looks like a .44 automag, like the one Bronson used in one of his Deathwish movies. eh? :rolleyes:
  7. Kahr

Kahr New Member

well all I know is that based on those pictures that guy was never properly trained in gun safety. His finger is always in the trigger guard, even when striking a pose. tsk tsk tsk. :)
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I just started watching some anime with my roomates and the ones I've seen and read about apparently go for accuracy with weapons- even those based in the future. Though with art like that it's never going to be 100%, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was in fact based on something real. Maybe look the show up on IMDB/Wiki or such, sometimes the trivia will say.
  9. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

That would've been a Wildey in Death Wish 3. Not an AutoMag. ;)
    Would've been either .45WinMag or .475 Wildey (I think it was called a .475 in the movie...it's been a few years). Wildey didn't start chambering it's pistol for .44AutoMag until the late-90s or early 2000s I believe.

Clint Eastwood carried an AMT AutoMag in Sudden Impact. I spose he needed something flashier than the Model 29 for #4 in the Dirty Harry series. It was the "Miami Vice" era ya know. :D

That anime thing looks to me kinda like any one of the autos already mentioned above...looks kinda like that plastic S&W .22 too. Or maybe an AMT AutoMagII with it's funky, wanna-be-bigbore counter-bored muzzle.
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

The firearm in question reminds me of a Astra mod.600 or 400 9mm
  11. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

12. Hman

Hman New Member

You were dead on to the Pistol I saw in the magazine: the Jan Surplus Firearms. The "Noble's Gun" was actually the Astra 400, though I couldn't remember the full name of it for the life of me.

As for Mosin Nagant Fan, I think you were thinking of this other one. (Which just happens to be the only gun ANYONE talks about when I search)

Attached Files:

13. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

Aw, hell, you could make something pretty close to that wet dream starting with a lugar. With a buncha chopping a Browining could fill the bill based upon the grip angle. But why not work from a clean sheet of paper ? >MW