Is there a source for 50bmg brass other than used military stuff?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by glocknut, Mar 15, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I posted a different thread about the destruction of once fired military brass but in this thread i would like to ask....

If the government destroyes once fired brass... will there even be a source to buy brass for the 50bmg?

And if they are destroying once fired brass... i am sure they will stop selling military surplus ammo too???????

If all this happens will there be any way at all to get or build 50bmg ammo??

mike
    gn
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

3. muddober

muddober Active Member

I have a 50 and a pretty good supply of military brass, but none of it looks as good as what you found at Midway. It sure looks new to me. Already being primed makes it not a bad even at that price. There is a lot of work cleaning, resizing and swedging out the primer pockets of once fired military brass making that price look pretty good.
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I suspect Midway will be out of stock before too long since they are crushing their once fired military brass...

Do you know anything about the Serbu brand of 50bmg rifles?

mike
    gn