Is this a good deal???

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by jlloyd73, Feb 27, 2011.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Seems like pretty fair prices to me. Check with Double D and maybe he can save you some money even with shipping to your local FFL. Don't hurt to check!!
  3. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

I've been looking too. The stainless GI Expert is cheaper than Buds Gun Shop. The Citadel is in the ballpark, for some reason the Citadel's have been higher priced than the American Classic II, and they are pretty much the same gun. I think the biggest difference is the Citadel has an ambi safety and the Classic II doesn't. I have handled both, and actually like the Classic II better, it has a blued finish vs parkerised and the new Citadel I looked at had scratches and scuffs on it just from being handled and racked. The used Classic II's I looked had didn't have a mark on 'em and the bluing looked really nice, and both had been fired some, at least. Everything else identical, from what I could see. I also picked up an Expert(black) and looked it over, for the extra money , couldn't see a correlation in value, other than it is American Made, and that has some value, even if it is a bunch of transplanted Canadians...Buds has all three guns and free shipping, so that helps.
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I like the American Classic too, but I am having a hard time finding a good selection.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks George. Its hard to beat the guys that dont pay any shipping. But hopefully one day.....
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Are they good deals? Yep, but a Para 1911? Why?
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I am just looking for a good 1911 at a reasonable price that I can do some upgrades without having $700 + into it. I like the Armscor guns because I think they are a good product for a reasonable price. I really haven't looked into the Para stuff really but I liked that SS frame and slide......should be easy to take care of.
  8. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Para has their own specs and you will find it more difficult to add non-Para parts if you want to dress up the gun in the future.
  9. DGG!

DGG! New Member

Para also has been getting lots of complaints about poor quality, failure to load, eject, etc.
  10. azlester

azlester New Member

I own an American Classic II and love it. For the money you can't beat it. The slide and barrel are both hammer forged and the slide to frame fit is tight and smooth. The pistol shoots great and handles ball and hollowpoints with ease. The ACT mag that comes with it works well and so do the CMC Match 8 rounders I got from Midway when they are on sale($15.99). For a starter 1911 it has all the bells and whistles and I wouldn't trade it for all the Glocks in Austria!
    I got it from Bud's as they had the best price at the time. I am thinking of getting one of American Classic's commander sized next.
  11. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Boy, this topic comes up alot! J, don't forget to check out the Taurus and the Remington. Both are around $600 and they been sayin good things on here about both (mostly). I have a Taurus and love it. Everyone is probably tired of hearin that because I love all my guns and tell you guys all the time!