Is this what I "THINK" it is?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by GConn, Mar 28, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Those are some really good pics! And by the way, the Speer Gold Dot is some very good SD ammo, and +P means that it is more powerfull than standard loads. As you can see though, after passing through the plywood the HP is filled with wood, and would act as a solid (FMJ). All this means is that the bullet would not expand, and would make a much smaller wound channel ( http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...CAB8FA3AD8B662A870617A6ED&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR ).

2. DoesItMatter

DoesItMatter New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Pacific NorthWest
    I know I've read this in a few places online, don't have any to post right now.

I thought manufacturers also design some of the SD rounds to act that way
    for in-home shooting situations - that way if the round starts to penetrate walls,
    it will get stopped up in the drywall and/or wood - preventing the risk of the
    bullets going into neighbors houses/etc.

I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere...

3. GConn

GConn Member

Feb 2, 2011
    VA~USA
    I suppose the only other order of beeswax on this thread is:

What in the HECK an I gonna DO with this HP tip that "became separated" from its shell...please?

Thanks in advance,
    G...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. DoesItMatter

DoesItMatter New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Pacific NorthWest
    Drill a hole through the base, hang it on a piece of rawhide, leave the wood bits intact.

It can become your new story!

"The sucker missed me by THAT much..." :D

5. GConn

GConn Member

Feb 2, 2011
    VA~USA
    Ummm, probably not, hah......

6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Oct 1, 2010

You can buy it, you can own it, you can even shoot it, all 100% legaly. The ammo companies just wont sell to ya.

When a po po department orders too much of the LEO ammo and dont take the full order the rest can be sold to anyone.

I got a bunch of HST for my 45GAP I got for $27.00 a box of 50. Its just hard to get and there is never a consistant supply. Get it when you can!!