Ishapore Arsenal Enfield .308 opinions?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauiminded
    (2/16/03 3:48:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ishapore Arsenal Enfield .308 opinions?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I bought an Ishapore Arsenal .308 several years ago but have never fired it. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/03 9:30:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ishapore Arsenal Enfield .308 opinions?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The No. 1, Mk III, 2A rifle was made in the Indian Ishapore arsenal from the late 1950s through the 1960s. Most of the ones I have seen have been dated around the mid-1960s - some folks will pay a bit of a collectors premium for the 1950s dated ones. These rifles were originally designed for the 7.62 NATO round, and were not redone 303 caliber rifles.

About a year ago I got a batch of these in from Navy Arms. These had been arsenal redone, with a nice matt chrome put on the bolts. Wonderful shooters, and quite dependable.

Welcome to the forums!

mausermaniac
    (2/26/03 6:12:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ishapor .308
    I have one of those fake Navy Arms jungle carbines made out of a 1973 2A1.......I decided it would be Jeff Cooper's ideal scout rifle so I put a Thompson Contender Lobo pistol scope (3x) on it and and with the synthetic stock Navy Arms put on it looks BAD.......shoots darn good and I have put all kinds of ammo through it ......only the Norma .308 scared me a little.......their stuff is very hot......but the NATO stuff is great in it.......real accurate and right handy......I love Jeff Cooper........

mausermaniac
    (2/26/03 6:15:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ishapor .308
    uh....i might point out that i say "fake" because in the case of my rifle the stock is a Ramline synthetic with a recoil pad....it came that way........it was in great shape and looked pretty cool so........anyway....it is a great shooter
    When the going gets tough the weird turn pro!