Israel and the Palestinians

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by carver, Nov 20, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Gunny, the whole point of this thread was the original question. I have no doubt that there were different peoples that inhabited the land before Abraham. That was never the point. It was simply, How does a person become a Palestinian?
  2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Ummm.. be of Arab descent, Islamic and declare it?
  3. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

This passage pretty well sums it up. Genesis ch.13.

The Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him, “Now lift up your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward; 15 for all the land which you see, I will give it to you and to your [l]descendants forever. 16 I will make your [m]descendants as the dust of the earth, so that if anyone can number the dust of the earth, then your [n]descendants can also be numbered. 17 Arise, walk about the land through its length and breadth; for I will give it to you.”

and this from Genesis ch. 15.

12 Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, [p]terror and great darkness fell upon him. 13 God said to Abram, “Know for certain that your [q]descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, [r]where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years. 14 But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with many possessions. 15 As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age. 16 Then in the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorite is not yet complete.”
    17 It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces. 18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying,

“To your [t]descendants I have given this land,
    From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:

19 the Kenite and the Kenizzite and the Kadmonite 20 and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Rephaim 21 and the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Girgashite and the Jebusite.”

note the colored section. God wanted the original inhabatants removed because of their iniquities, the story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah give some insights into that.

I believe this passage gives us the origin of the palestinian people and the rest of Islam. If you've ever had the distinct pleasure of being lectured on Islam by anybody familiar with it, you know that they accept Ishmael as the promised one and reject Isaac, and insert Ishmael into the story where God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son.
    from Gen. ch. 16

Behold, you are with child,
    And you will bear a son;
    And you shall call his name [k]Ishmael,
    Because the Lord [l]has given heed to your affliction.
    12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man,
    His hand will be against everyone,
    And everyone’s hand will be against him;
    And he will [m]live [n]to the east of all his brothers.”

And ch. 17
    what does the word "everlasting" mean to you?

17 Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him,

“I am [a]God Almighty;
    Walk before Me, and be blameless.
    2 “I will [c]establish My covenant between Me and you,
    And I will multiply you exceedingly.”

3 Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you,
    And you will be the father of a multitude of nations.
    5 “No longer shall your name be called [d]Abram,
    But your name shall be [e]Abraham;
    For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.

6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your [f]descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your [g]descendants after you. 8 I will give to you and to your [h]descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. tango1niner

tango1niner New Member

I just love the way Isrealis take care of business, no BS. They are fighting for their lives.