1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ISSC M22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by midge99, Jul 8, 2012.

1. midge99

midge99 New Member

I bought one of these this week. It was pretty much an impulse buy. I normally never buy a gun without researching it. I wanted something to train with in .22 that was somewhat similar to my Glocks, at least in frame size and feel. After doing some research, I decided on a S&W M&P 22, Ruger SR 22, or a Walther P22 Q. All 3 of these guns, however, have some advantages as well as serious disadvantages.

What I wanted was a full-sized frame, preferably no magazine disconnect, accurate, and reliable on even cheap ammo. In the gun shop, they were out of the S&W and Ruger. They did have a Walther, but after inspecting it and considering the price I decided against it. The sales clerk didn't even mention the ISSC, but I saw them and asked WTH they were. He didn't know much. In fact he had no insight into any of my questions about it.

After looking closely at the gun, and really liking the price, I decided to take a gamble and buy one. On my drive home I could only imagine all the You-Tube videos I would see later showing multiple ISSC failures, ammo finickyness, and general bad news about anyone unlucky enough to buy one.

My premonitions were pretty close. There are numerous video reviews showing a finicky ammo gun requiring a large round count just to break it in with numerous FTEs, FTFs, etc. One reviewer stated that his ISSC would only cycle on expensive ammo. Great. The entire reason I bought this was to save on ammo expense. Not expecting much, I took my new gun to the range.

I don't shoot rimfires often. And the only "good" ammo I had was some old, and i mean like 25 years old, CCI stuff. I loaded it up and didn't expect much. Both mags cycled all rounds perfectly. I was surprised, so I shot the rest of the old "good" stuff and then went to the cheap bulk ammo. All cycled perfectly. In fact, after shooting ~1000 rounds of bulk ammo (Federal, Remington, and Winchester) it didn't have any failures. Not one. I was amazed. The rear sight is adjustable for windage, and after doing some what of what I feel was a large adjustment, the thing is a tack driver. I will have to replace the front sight as it shoots pretty high, but no big deal.

So overall I am very pleased with the gun.
    Highs:
    Accurate, very reliable, nice build quality, feels very much in hand like a small Glock, very easy take-down for field stripping, decent trigger. Price: it was at least $50 cheaper than the competition.

Lows:
    Magazine disconnect, I hate them. Safety is also a de-cocker, I really hate this and wish it was just a safety, but not that big of a deal. Mags are expensive, but all .22's in this class suffer from this. ~$30 for a mag is ridiculous. Only comes with one mag.

I feel I got really lucky on this one. I am very pleased at how this little pistol performs, especially in the reliability and accuracy depts.
  2. midge99

midge99 New Member

Some pics of my ISSC baby.

Next to my G22:
    [​IMG]
    The radical windage adjustment:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  3. midge99

midge99 New Member

More pics:

Offhand @15 yards 2 mags: