It followed me home . . .

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pistolenschutze, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Honest! ;) I just couldn't leave that lonely looking Glock 26 in the store yesterday when I stopped by. I decided to give him a nice home on my belt and feed him well with Corbon 115 grainers. :D

Glocks seem to be a controversial pistol everywhere I go. People either seem to hate them, or love them, very little in-between. I fall within the latter category, obviously. I put Pearce mag extensions on both the mags that came with the pistol. That inexpensive addition greatly enhances the controllability of the pistol in my opinion, and adds two more rounds to the 10-round capacity of the mag. If there is a better concealed carry pistol out there, I haven't seen it yet. ;)
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I just cant find where to put the water in?
  3. (sigh) Another one of those traditionalist, anti-hitech, anti-Glock types I see, eh wot? ;) OK, to each his own. Just remember . . .

Glocks are inevitable! You too will be absorbed into the GREAT GLOCK COLLECTIVE!

Resistance is futile!!!!
    :D;):p
  4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Futile? Was it futile when Lois Armstrong said he would be the first to walk on the moon? I think not. Look to Magna Carta, did she die in vain? Of course not. No futility here my American friend.

Luddites unite!

(Sorry, It's one of those afternoons)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2008
  5. pawn

pawn New Member

congrats Pistol, enjoy her!!! wouldn't mind getting one myself later this summer.... :D

the only concern i have with the "baby glocks" is that darn slide release lever- the few i've handled required the strength of 3 men and a boy to actuate. IMHO they can maybe be a little stiff in the full size or sub-compact glocks but seem to be very hard to work in the compact models. i hear there is an extended lever that helps??

-pawn
  6. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Congrats on the new purchase... I just wish that they fit my hand better. My brother was in the border patrol and gave up his 1911 because he loved the glocks so much. So I was raised loving them, but they don't fit me.
  7. Ursus

Ursus New Member

Satchmo did the moonwalking? I tought it was Michael Jackson...or was it this guy Neil...Diamond?:)
  8. Actually, it was the British Luddites, Bear. They were a pretty "spaced out" bunch of fanatics anyway. :D;):p
  9. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I have got em on all my Glocks. They make it easier. But I usually use the slingshot technique to release the slides.
  10. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Gocks. Only a mother....

No hammer, no manual safety, slide serrations that are too shallow, trigger pull that belongs on a child water pistol, sights by LEGO. Ugly.

Ducking..........
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  11. Sure you weren't describing an old Webley, Tranter? :D;):p

"In the beginning God created pistols. The pistols were without proper form and materials, and darkness was upon the face of the weapons industry, and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of that industry."

And God said, "Let there be Glock," and there was Glock. And God saw that Glock was good; and God separated the obsolete pistols from the new and functional Glocks."

See, it's right there in the first chapter of Genesis, Tranter. :D;):p
  12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

You know Pistol some might take you to task for using the words of the good book while describing a Glock. I have to say I am a little offended myself.

Had you have chosen to write in this way about a Browning Hi Power or Colt 1911A1 however, offense would have been avoided and replaced with praise and compliment.
  13. The passages you seek are located in Deuteronomy and Leviticus, Tranter. That's where all the old, now obsolete rules are located. :D;):p
  14. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Glock, huh? I'm sorry to hear that.

Well, better luck next time, Pistol! :D
  15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Nothing wrong with being old and obsolete. I have been both for some time and am doing just fine thanks. :)