It has arrived......Thank You Plano!!!!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by frosty, Dec 17, 2003.

1. frosty

frosty New Member

Yes, it is beautiful and accurate too. Thank you Rick for this wonderful pistola. It fits my hand. I have already put the 20 cartridges down range that I reloaded (first time ever with .45 long colt). I am extremely pleased and happy to have this pistol. Thank You again Rick. I will probably need more sage advice on the reloading and such for this cartridge. My groupings were 2" off hand at 25 yards.

Yes I am jumping up and down with glee......:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attached Files:

2. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

nice one
  3. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

SLOBBER SLOBBER...DROOOOOOL!

Wow!!!

Jim :p
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Glad you like it Frosty. Since I had his bigger brother 7 1/2" 45 Colt, I saw no need in keeping this one. Glad it found a good home. Now we have to work on getting you some 296 and make some wrist busting loads.

One word of advice on Rugers like that. When you grip the pistol, slide your little finger under the grip and it won't recoil back and bite your hand. Just a little trick taught to me. Have fun!
  5. Smallbore

Smallbore New Member

Very nice looking pistol! :D

Sounds like it worked out great for both of you!
  6. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Boy, seeing that Ruger hit home making me remember my 1958 six and a half inch barrel number 951.

Really stupid to have sold it.

Back then they only had it in blue steel.

Jim
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

GG, my 41 Mag with 7 1/2" barrel is only 2XXX. Still have it an love it! :D :D :D

Gotta love them Rugers! Also have the same in 30 carbine!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2003
  8. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Rick, are them .41 mags as valuable today as the first Ruger .44 magnums??? I understand the early .44 magnums are going for thousands of dollars to some collectors.

I've never shot a .41 mag, bet its a gooden though.

Jim
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, it's not a "flat top", but it is the old model. I love the .41. Shoots flatter than the .44 Mag but hits just as hard.