It must be frustrating......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crawdaddy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

It has to be frustrating to live life as a liberal. Imagine spending your life denying truth, common sense, and reality. Imagine being led to believe that you can control the world with policy and laws, only to wake up one day to find that once again, it didn't work. Man-made global warming, the BP oil spill will kill us all, killing poor Bambi is gonna create extinction in the animal world, disarming law-abiding citizens will make us all safer, the list goes on and on.
    How much more ridiculous do these people have to get before their followers wake up? Do New York liberals actually believe that restricting access to soda does anything for the common good? Really? Do they even see their own hypocrisy? Do they really think its OK for our politicians to be protected but not our citizens? Are they all really that gullible?
    Sorry for the rant, its Bush's fault! BTW, I heard a really good quote yesterday but it wasn't attributed to anyone, something to the effect of "everybody fails, but you only become a failure when you blame it on someone else".
  2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

"How much more ridiculous do these people have to get before their followers wake up? Do New York liberals actually believe that restricting access to soda does anything for the common good?"

You missed baby formula and salt! Not to mention anything firearms related! Like the quote, very appropriate for the DNC this week.
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

Flintlock, I said the list goes on and on because I'm not sure there's enough room in cyberspace to list them all.:DTrust me, I didn't forget the things you mention.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Denial (also called abnegation) is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. The subject may use:

.simple denial: deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether.

.minimisation: admit the fact but deny its seriousness (a combination of denial and rationalization).

.projection: admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility by blaming somebody or something else.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mental disorder....
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yep! See post #4.
  7. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Useful idiots being used as tools! :mad:

Learn to think for yourself lib's. and quit letting someone tell you what to do.