It Seens Like The Germans Love Obama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Feb 27, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

It Seems Like The Germans Love Obama

This is from a parade in Germany last week. I wonder why he's smiling. :eek: :p :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I believe he is smiling because he is thinking, "Wow, Germans are dumb! I'm the second messianic figure who has fooled them in the past 75 years" !!!

(Ok, maybe some of the smile has to do with the girl attending his naughty bits!!:D)
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

There is a reason the germans fell for hitler... "they're idiots"... and that shortcoming is still present apparently. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I'm part german and not particularly proud of it either...

mike
    gn
  4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

rofl re: naughty bits.... I'm hoping the blonde isn't supposed to be a representation of Hillary....*shudders*
  5. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That photo kills it...worse than the "condom" pic in another post....so funny Ive got to think for a minute...but Ill come up with a line.....cant pass this one up......

:p:p:p:p
  6. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

I won't even post the link to his likeness painted on a gal's leg at Carnival in Rio. Might be illegal. (of course if you want to go to the Bob Parks Black&Right blog and scroll back a few pages... purely for research purposes)

Herman and Henrietta Hun were big on wearing American flags and being supportive right after 9/11. About a year later it had started to fade. When this old contract guard said something stupid about our President in the limited range of my hearing (too much boom boom not good for GI), I laid it on him the Infantry Sergeant's way. (Sure Patton could cuss but he was Cav. Young Cavalry troopers go hang out on Infantry Row to learn it right.) And I found out it was some kind of assault to cuss a man in Germany.:eek: I guess next time they get out of line we won't need to take guns. Just train to yell loud.:rolleyes: ...Nah!

Really though they are mostly great folks... and meticulous, detail oriented workers. A notable exception being Art's picture where they seem to have missed painting the turd under the Obama baloon.
  7. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah..shows u changin times...assault for cussin out...?...

Wonder what they'd a done when I dragged his .ss and threw him in a boxcar ?.........:)

Nothin wrong with the duetsch basic and in whole..and we should now use their experiences of what can happen with an out of control all encompassing government........

and I swear...I guess Ive missed the terd under Art's nose...?:p:p:cool:
  8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

oh, my...you all are a riot!!! Thank you for the :D:D:D's
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

I've seen the pics of the Brazilian Bama Babe, they...er...she is kind of cute in all her paint. ;) :p :D

I like the German people. They're like us, we've all made mistakes. :eek: :)

Art
  10. artabr

artabr New Member

:D

Attached Files:

11. artabr

artabr New Member

Is there something I've missed. :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

Actually I think thats what that white pile thats under him is. He's so pure he poops white. :rolleyes: :D

Art
  12. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

A very close friend of mine was living as an exchange student in Germany at that time. He said that most of the people he spoke to in Germany about the attacks thought that they were fabricated by the U.S. media.
  13. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

If I had to guess. I'm sure the Germans are a lot like Americans in that, a large percentage actually have common sense, while a large percentage don't. I guess many of the latter constructed the float in the picture, and many were in attendance that day. We have several German owned chemical plants in my area as well as a huge Thysson-Krupp steel mill being constructed here as well. I've met some of the Germans involved with these companies, and to a fault, they are very intelligent, polite and make a point of assimilating American culture into their lives. So no, I really don't think all Germans are dumb! Just wanted to clear that up!!
    A little story to share. While at my favorite bar during Mardi Gras this year, I met a German who was a senior chief aboard the U.S.S. Hawes, which was in port at the time. The guy was great, and was so proud to be serving aboard a U.S. warship! After several rounds and toasts of "prost", he had to go. Before he left, he gave me a senior chief challenge coin. I felt honored by that, so hopefully, I left him with a good impression of what a typical American citizen is like. Guess this is why I wanted to amend my first comment towards the top of this thread. PROST!! HKR
  14. artabr

artabr New Member

Great story Russ.

Art
  15. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Thanks, hkruss, for sharing that story. I'm afraid it's often too easy to lump people together and make a general statement (which we all do...oops...see! I just did it!) so that we can get our minds around a situation or try to understand others better. But in so doing, we risk the danger of "condemning" everyone as being this way or that, forgetting that we're dealing with individuals whose intentions, personalities, intelligence, morals, faith, etc., run the full spectrum.

Generalities and prejudices don't come out of thin air; there can be tendencies in specific groups of people to do things a certain way or think along predictable paths...but there are, of course, those who appear they belong with a particular group but who don't fit the "pattern."

I know, for me, I don't like being pigeonholed just because of certain affiliations I have, let alone based on the broad category of my nationality! And as we are facing the increased need to protect ourselves from some very specific threats within our borders--and I understand completely the need to do so--I get increasingly concerned that a result of that will be that our ability to trust will erode to the point that the personal element--the one-on-one kindnesses that have been there in the past in our communities--will also erode, being trumped by fear.

I'm guessing, hkruss, that your interaction with the man you mentioned will be remembered warmly by both of you for many years to come.