1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Italian shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dennik, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Dennik

Dennik New Member

I'm writing from Norway, så please excuse my english. I'm not familliar with shotgun thermes in english.

I would appreciate any help with the identification of the makers and origins of this gun. I'm not really interrested in the value, all the time it's bought second hand and has been treated rought. It's a nice gun thought and it would be great fun to know it's history and age.

On the bottom of the barrels In addition to details on the chroming of the barrels, the proof marks, caliber, id number) barrell weight kg 1,410 followed by 18,3 followed by 17,0, and on the other barell 20,3/70 followed by 18,3 followed by 17,4 It allso say 1904 on this barrell.

Further back on the barrell it has a (In Norway we call it a wepond shield) Looks like a cros with a star abbove. To teh right there is the number 3831 and th initial PST (allso with a star abbove) Further it says GARBDONE V.T.-<BRESCIA>

Underneath it says FINITO (With a star abbove), then there is a lion with the text S. MARCO under. Then its 12C, and the roman number XIII

On top of both barrells, it says CHROM NITRO STEEL-BOEHLER-
    On top between the barrells it's the picture of a Royal chrone, and the text Royal Special.

Left side og left barrell says -IMPORT-

I'm not sure what the part where the trigger is attached is called in english, but whter you attach the barrels to "the rest of the gun, its tha same marking as at the barrels, but it allo says BC to the left of the lion.

On the "lock" for the barrells there is a bird, Daw?

The gun is decorated with "flowers"

When I made a search on Google.com I did find an post on your site called:
    "1962 italian shotgun id PICTURES ADDED 9-5-02" The description of this gun is nor unlike mine, so I hope you can help me?

Dennik
  2. Dennik

Dennik New Member

And now allso with pictures thanks to Kirk.:)

Attached Files:

3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Dennik, Glad I could help you, Now I will be able to include pictures with my posts. I hope someone comes along soon with the information you seek. Nice double gun too. Best reguards, Kirk
  4. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Dennik, I found out that Gamba, Renato is a fine shotgun maker in Gardone V.T. Italy they are imported by Gamba USA, New York, New York. I sure hope one of the members can help out more than I have. Looks like a fine shotgun in the pictures you posted. Does it have double triggers? I cann't quite tell but it looks like it does. Best Reguards, Kirk
  5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It's not a Gamba, it's an Armi San Marco. Gardone is a city in the area of Val Trompia (VT) in Italy.
    It appears to actually have inlays, but much of the "engraving" is done with stamps. I suspect it is a mid-grade gun.