The Firearms Forum banner

Ithaca 10GA Baker/Crass? Value-ident...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  carrerac4 
#1 ·
Hello...

Here is a Ithaca 10GA 'B' model...I think it's a Baker model, but wanted the forums ideas.

Numbers matching: seriel # 25 thousand and change.
Patents May 1880 through Sept. 13, 1887. Letter B, and 10 next to this info.
The number 252 at bottom of trigger guard
'Itahca Gun Co' on sides.
Ejecter option, and nicely engraved...wood is in very nice condition. No pitting that I notice on barrels, etc. ...
I believe Horseshoe Damascus Barrel...

Thanks Again for any insight,
Jason

See less See more
#2 ·
What you have is a B Grade Ithaca hammer gun that has survived in very good condition; and although this model was made in conjunction with Ithaca's "Crass model" hammerless gun, it is not to be confused with any of Ithaca's various hammerless model double guns. I am not an Ithaca expert; but know the gentleman who is, Walt Snyder, and suggest you do as follows. Post your questions and pics to the attention of Walt Snyder on the doublegunshop.com forum. Walt will see your post there and give you all the information that is known regarding your gun; and since Walt has access to all the surviving Ithaca serial number records, he may be able to give you a manufacture date. He has also studied Ithaca engravers extensively and may be able to provide the name of the artisan who engraved this gun. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.