Ithaca grips

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Silver72
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 4:51:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ithaca grips
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A 1943 Ithaca with case head medallions. It came in a 1943 shoulder holster.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/24/03 6:16:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ithaca grips
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ain't that purty!!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/24/03 7:13:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ithaca grips
    wow, tell us the story behind that beauty

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Silver72
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 8:08:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ithaca grips
    Like they say, buy the gun not the story.

The gun was produced in 1943 and records reflect it was shipped to the San Antonio Arsenal in '43. Lt. B.... graduated from Glider Pilot School in Lubbock, Texas in '43. He was sent to the 66th Troop Carrier Squadron, 403 Troop Carrier Group for training in North Carolina. I have found the Group in the Pacific Theater but have yet to place him still serving with them. He remained in the Army Air Force and retired as a Lt. Col. from the U.S. Air Force. He passed away a few years prior to 1987. The gun came from his widow with a Sears '43 dated shoulder holster along with a picture of the young Lt. and a couple of military photos of traing in North Carolina.

The gun still has the original Keye marked grips. At some time I guess he had the wood grips inlaid with the '43 head stamped cases.

I aquired both the story and the gun. I wish more detailed military records were available. I'm trying to locate still living glider pilots who served with him. Like looking for the needle in the hay stack.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/25/03 10:38:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ithaca grips
    Outstanding!

I have an Ithaca too, one of my prized posessions!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac