Ithaca Guns M-66

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bamaposey, Sep 28, 2012.

1. bamaposey

bamaposey New Member

Wondering what the value of this shotgun would be? Ithaca M-66 Super Single .410 bore 3" chamber serial 660250244. Its in good shape, wouldn't say perfect but pretty close. Thanks to anyone that can help!!!!!
  2. bamaposey

bamaposey New Member

please someone help!!!!!!
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

1st WE NEED TO SEE PICTURES TO SAY HOW MUCH A GUN IS WORTH!!!
    2nd Your gun is worth some ware between $1-$150 +or-.
    But with out pics. who knows.
    Please read the sticky at the top of the page that tells you how to post so we can give you a good answer.
    Mike
    Are you looking to sell it?
    If you are I might be interested.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  4. bamaposey

bamaposey New Member

Not questioning your expertise but I have seen prices like you have given and I have seen alot of them for sale on auction sites for around 400....just trying to figure out the discrepancy.....
  5. XP100

XP100 Member

Check and see how many of the 400.00 ones sold. Not many I would say. It worth between 150.00 & 225-00 in the condition you describe.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

You ask for help without following forum guidelines (posting pictures) and when someone chimes in, you dont like his answer and you tell him you already know what its worth because people have them listed for more. So, people can post things for sale for any amount they want to ask, it doesnt mean they will get it. You need to find out what they are actually selling for. The answers you have got so far are most likely more accurate.
  7. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I am telling you what I can sell them for here(and I do). I am just outside of Ithaca and they are ALL OVER.
    I gave you what it could be worth I have not seen your gun and do not know what it really looks like.People have a habit to OVER RATE there gun. Do You buy and sell guns for a living? I DO!
    If you know what it is worth why do you ask?
    Post some pic.
    You can ask what you want for a gun as the old saying goes "There is a fool born everyday"and you might get lucky and find one.
    The .410 is worth more but only 30%+or- more.
    Again follow the rules as Double D said and post some pic.
    If your gun is 100% it could be worth $200 but only to someone who wants that gun and has not looked around to see that they can buy it cheaper.
    This is a single shot lever action that is not a collector (at lest not yet)
    made for 15 years 1963-78 and allot of them were made and allot of them are still around I see them all the time,I work on them all the time.
    I stand by what I said it is worth between $1-$150 site unseen.Maybe more for the .410
    I can sell this gun inside of a mounth or I could sit on it for a year or more it all depends on the price to condition.
    Mike
  8. bamaposey

bamaposey New Member

Guys calm down....I wasn't trying to be smart in any way. I apologize if it came across that way. I was simply trying to state that I had seen them for a higher price. Was just wondering why there would be such a difference in the price. Didn't know if there was a different model that may have been produced etc....I just got home from work and was able to post a pic. Again I'm sorry if I can across rude.

Attached Files:

9. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I see some forend and stock damage(scratches & dents)There is some paint off of the receiver and lever,I can't tell about the barrel.
    From what I can tell I would put your gun between 85% to 95% but remember I do not have any close up's of the gun so with out it in my hands it is still tuff.
    The book say's the 66 at 85% is valued at around $74 and at 90% is valued at $75. 95% is $100 now add 33% because it is a .410.
    Now this is what the blue book says. Ware you are around the US will determine what you can sell it for.
    The model 66RS is worth more(But not much more) it was a 20ga slug gun with a 22 in. barrel with rifle sights.
    Some people will pay more then it is worth(For a number of reasons) others will not.I see these guns for sale for more then they are worth and SOMETIMES they sell other times they just sit and gather dust.
    The most I would pay for this gun is $150 and only if it was to be added to my collection.
    Mike
  10. bamaposey

bamaposey New Member

Thank you so much for the information.....:D