Ithaca M-49 .22 Single Shot-Lever Action

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by firstchoice, Jan 25, 2011.

1. firstchoice

firstchoice New Member

Is the Ithaca M-49 .22 cal. Single Shot a rifle that can be repaired, or at least field stripped and cleaned? I bought this some time back to have for my grandkids to plink with. It's in pretty rough shape and needs refinishing, or at the very least, thoroughly cleaned. But the receiver looks to be made of a "Pot Metal" or something similar. And instead of removable pins or screws, it has what looks like rivets. There are pins in some of the lower holes.
    I'd like to be able to replace the ejector and the firing pin and firing pin spring. And of course, give everything a good cleaning, refinish the receiver with an appropriate finish for that metal. And also re-blue the barrel and remaining metal parts.

Any help finding exploded views, instructions for repairs, or just someone that knows how, will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help and replies!

Regards, firstchoice
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Attached Files:

3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

forgot to add a sidenote, they're anodized aluminum; they got dinged up easily.
  4. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

There are no rivets in the firearm!I would clean it first,take the stock and forearm off and you will have access to clean it. If it shoots and ejects why replace parts.I have one it is a nice shooter, they clean up nicely, BTW enjoy!:D
  5. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I have a few of them and one 49R. Great little rifles. Yes they can be taken apart and cleaned. Most of the parts are still available but in most cases none will be needed. A good cleaning makes a world of difference.
  6. PitaNH

PitaNH New Member

Just refurbed my .22mag 49 with Brownell's Allumahide on the reciever and van's gun blue on the steel. Don't have pics but it's a sharp little rifle again.