Ithaca M1911 A1

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by crossfire11, May 20, 2011.

1. crossfire11

crossfire11 New Member

Due to hard times I am forced to give up my Ithaca M 1911 A1 U.S.ARMY .45 pistol. I was just wondering if anyone could help me price it?? The serial # is 2652615 . It has the United States Property stamped on it as well as the F J A and P by the back of the trigger. It has Ithaca Gun Co. INC. on the slide and what appears to be a 7 at the top of the trigger guard. The overall appearance of the pistol is very good with at least 95% of bluing left. There are some wear spots on the sharper edges from holstering but the action is very smooth. the plastic grips show little signs of wear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sorry about the hard times. Lots of us are going through hard times.:( Your Ithaca is a 1945. You say 95% blueing? It should be parkerized, not blued. The finish should look green. If you posted some CLEAR and FOCUSED pics, it would be really great. Then you could get some good info on your treasure.

BTW, welcome to TFF!
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

We could give you pages of detailed information on your Ithaca, but what you really want to know is its market value. If the finish is original, and the condition you describe is accurate, and all major parts are correct, a reasonable value would be expected to be from $1200 to $1400. This is the price from a private party. A dealer would pay at least 40% less.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  4. crossfire11

crossfire11 New Member

I would love to post some pics of this pistol...unfortunately.. I can't figure out how..lol But thanks for all the info you've given. It's about what I figured. Didn't know about it being Parkerized though.. It looks more black than green.
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  5. TheGunClinger

Thats why I suggested pictures. Sometimes these guns got a re-do along the road which would effect values greatly. With pics, the real experts here at TFF would be able to narrow it down for you. I am sure that there is a sticky here somewhere that explains how to post pics. I will try to find it.
  6. TheGunClinger

7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

crossfire, I sent you a PM....
  8. crossfire11

crossfire11 New Member

Ok..I think I did it..let me know if it worked..lol where are my kids when I need them!!
  9. crossfire11

crossfire11 New Member

Can you see the pics that I downloaded or do I need to try again ??
  10. Airdale

Airdale Member

Your pics are showing up just fine.