Ithaca XL 300

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by grant_uf, Jan 4, 2007.

1. grant_uf

grant_uf New Member

I have a 12ga.(2-3/4) Semi-Auto Ithaca by SKB Model XL 300.
    It has engravings on the stock handle, the metal frame and on the wood under the barrel. The wood is a medium brown with only a couple of minor nicks/scratches. The blueing is in perfect condition. My father bought it in the 70's and it has been sitting in a case unused. (Prob been hunted with 10 times in 30+ years). I've tried to research the web and found very little information on the XL 300. If anyone has any info on the Value of it I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Grant.....welcome to TFF. :D

Can't tell you very much about the Model XL 300 except that it was a Semi-Auto, made in 12 or 20 ga., was gas operated, came in various bbl. lengths with or without vented rib, and was made from 1973 to '76.

Blue Book value:

98% - $230
    95% - $200
    90% - $180
    80% - $165

Add 15% for Vented Rib barrel.
  3. BMcFly

BMcFly New Member

My father inlaw just gave me an XL 300.
    I cannot figure out how to load the magazine. No matter what position I put the action in, the door underneath will not open and I do not want to force it. Any suggestions?
    I do not have a manual for the gun.
  4. huntinful

huntinful New Member

BMcFly:
    Your question on how to load the magazine has probably been answered but I will post my answer here anyway. If it works the same as mine (which it should) all you need to do is 1:close the chamber 2: hold down the same button that you closed the chamber with and this should release the slide at the bottom and allow you to place shells in the magazine. Hope this helps.
    Huntinful