It's a CANNON!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grizz, May 11, 2013.

1. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Hey everyone, found the old mini cannon and put it to good use! I found that it really likes 22lr projectiles! Hope you enjoy the video.

Mini Cannon Mayhem!

Tell me what you guys think?
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Very cool - I want one! :)
  3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

I see a lot wrong with this!
    Surely, you aren't using the powder from the .22s? It looks like it. Muzzle loaders should use black powder or equivalent only!
    And the little gun is seriously overloaded!
    It looks like a little disaster waiting to happen.
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Looks pretty dangerous to me. Good thing I didn't have one of these when I was young..
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I made one when I was 15 - emptied the powder from firecrackers to make it go bang :)
  6. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Exactly! I used to load this thing up the same way when I was a young teen and had tons of fun. Had some old black cats laying around so I gave it a go. Also I was hiding behind a huge dirt berm shooting these videos so I was fairly safe.
  7. rimmer1

rimmer1 Active Member

I had the exact same cannon when I was a kid. I wish I had it now.
  8. willywonka

willywonka New Member

I agree, this probably isn't very safe, but man oh man...that little mini cannon is really cute.
  9. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Many years back I had one of Dixie's CW style cannons, complete with wooden spoked wheel carriage and whatnot. Bought it used on a whim. DGW's current offering's a .69 cal. smoothbore, but this one was .58. Had a repro 1853 Enfield at the time, so decided to fire the cannon using rifle projectiles. Knew what sort of recoil the rifle was capable of, and figured even with a reduced BP loading the cannon would buck a bit, so I dismounted the barrel, duct taped it to a length of 2x4, and proceeded to fire for effect. HOLY MOLY! Cleaned the barrel thoroughly, remounted it, and retired it to display status.
  10. Tx-LC9

Tx-LC9 New Member

Hi Grizz
    , Looks like you found something that goes bang and might cause trouble in the wrong hands, careful with that loose canon.LOL
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I never had one but a friend brought one that shot a .45 round ball to one of our trips to Fort Bragg, NC. We were out back of the barracks shooting it when half a dozen MP's came around the corners of the building. We were surrounded so we surrendered.:rolleyes: :D

The cannon was confiscated and the First Sergeant had to come pick us up at the Provost Marshall's office. It did not look good for two E-7's getting arrested for playing with a cannon. :p:eek: