It's a good thing I bought my new laptop yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

One online site he went to is notdoppler.com. Has anybody heard of this? If it is the one I am thinking of, I could hear some terrible wrap music with foul language so I made him get off.
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

To check web browser history just open the browser and hit Ctrl +h.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

cpttango30 very good information. I am in the business also. If people follow your guidelines they wouldn't run into as many problems. But then they wouldn't need us.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yes then go and look at the detailed checks by date, etc. Every site visited will be there.

**EDIT ADD by date, site, most visited, etc BUT be careful before you HIT on them...but you will see a lot! (unless erased!)

If you have a GOOGLE toolbar just hit the down arrow at the end of the box to see everything googled.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

my old PC used to be slow after my son used it. when I got the new one a year ago I told him there is no chance of him even touching my keyboard. I got him his own at that time as well. funny how mine is rocket fast and his is as slow as a 36 year old ford
  6. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Funny alright! Hmmmmm, where or what is he doing?

I'm a bit of a cleanning fanatic, run CCleaner often for routine stuff, IF YOU WANT you can check extra boxes to practically clean out everything including histories, autofills, the works....pain is trying to remember all the useful wiped out stuff.

Also I have Registry Mechanic, use it weekly, but remember to do registry backups! It generally does them automaticlly.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Awesome. Thanks tango.
  8. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

This is why I build my own computers, and no one else uses them. And there's two ways to password protect your computer, one way it won't even boot until the password's been entered. Most people don't use that one as it's a royal pain if you ever forget it. I've had computers given to me because of it, lol... I just wipe them and reload the OS.
  9. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Any password can be beat given enough time and effort.

But HB doesn't have to worry about anybody using his new laptop.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  10. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

@Tango, Thanks for the free it tips, Good to remind people that there maintnance to be kept on these things too
  11. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Uh ya, sure they were gaming sites??
  12. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

True, but using passwords with the maximum amount of characters, using letters, numbers, special characters as well as both upper and lower case make it a hell of a lot tougher than anyone other than a professional hacker or an extremely lucky individual to succeed at it, not likely a kid wanting to go to a gaming site would make the effort to try, which is what the OP is about.

An 8 character password using this method has 7.2 Quadrillion possibilities...:rolleyes: