It's a start chicago. now NY

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by time2shoot, Dec 11, 2012.

1. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

2. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

hath hell frozen over? a federal court made a righteous ruling?

IL brethren, time to get fitted for you IWB!
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Wouldn't it be great to see the states death toll drop by about 50%? I wonder how the left would handle that??? :D
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hurray for the good guys Looking at the gun carnage with the gangs in Chicago, I don't see how any of the justices could rationalize not throwing out the ban.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

WOW! They broke thru the liberal walls finally! Congrats to Illinois residents!!
  6. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

the fight is not over... i am sure IL will try to make it as hard as they can to receive a CCW...

here in CA the counties issue the CCWs... the county I live in is almost shall issue as they approve more CCWs than all the other counties combined! but in San Francisco county there are only 2 current CCWs approved (both judtges) as they are almost a not issue county... i can see the rural IL counties passing out CCWs like Halloween candy, and Cook County making it very difficult to get one... hope i am wrong...
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You are not wrong. I have to say I heard this on the radio today and man was it some good news. The mayor of Chicago and our governor have to be pretty red faced. :) I am loving it.

I live in cook county. 40 miles from the city. I can tell you I will do anything I can to get a CCW just to get them mad. :):):)
  8. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

That is great news for the people of Il. and another win for 2nd Amendment
    Not to rain on the parade but I think people may want to wait and see how the legislation gets written. Look at NJ, they have a concealed carry law but it's written as so it's damn near impossible to get one.
  9. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

As long as we have the people in charge we have(in NY) this will never pass here.
    I would love to see it pass here but I think we will have to make some changes in our leaders first.
    Mike
  10. gvw3

goofy per what the court said today I don't think they can stop it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-finds-constitutional-right-to-carry-guns.php

Here are a few excerpts that illustrate the court’s logic:

The first sentence of the McDonald opinion states that “two years ago, in District of Columbia v. Heller, we held that the Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms for the purpose of self-defense,” McDonald v. City of Chicago, supra, 130 S. Ct. at 3026….

Heller repeatedly invokes a broader Second Amendment right than the right to have a gun in one’s home, as when it says that the amendment “guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation.” 554 U.S. at 592. Confrontations are not limited to the home. …

The right to “bear” as distinct from the right to “keep” arms is unlikely to refer to the home. To speak of “bearing” arms within one’s home would at all times have been an awkward usage. A right to bear arms thus implies a right to carry a loaded gun outside the home. …

A blanket prohibition on carrying gun in public prevents a person from defending himself anywhere except inside his home; and so substantial a curtailment of the right of armed self-defense requires a greater showing of justification than merely that the public might benefit on balance from such a curtailment, though there is no proof it would. In contrast, when a state bans guns merely in particular places, such as public schools, a person can preserve an undiminished right of self-defense by not entering those places; since that’s a lesser burden, the state doesn’t need to prove so strong a need. Similarly, the state can prevail with less evidence when, as in Skoien, guns are forbidden to a class of persons who present a higher than average risk of misusing a gun.
  11. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

If It looks good, sounds good,And is pro-gun they will find some way to get out of it.
    I am in no way saying you are wrong after reading what it says I agree but this state has a way of skirting the law or adding laws that change the original law.
    I will believe it when it happens(and I want it to happen)But I deal with NY law about guns every day and ALLOT of it is BS but for some reason the democratic anti-gun fools seem to always get there way here in NY.
    It might go thru out here(6 hours out side of the city)but they will come up with something to stop it in the city.
    I hope you are right because it might be the start of changing some of the other BS laws that are in place now in NY.
    Mike
  12. gvw3

Thank to the NRA. Money well spent in due's.
    http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/n...or-self-defense-and-the-second-amendment.aspx

Fairfax, Va. – The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ruled today that Illinois' total ban on carrying firearms for self-defense outside the home or business is unconstitutional. The case involves lead plaintiff Mary Shepard, an Illinois resident and a trained gun owner, who is licensed to carry a concealed handgun in both Utah and Florida. The National Rifle Association is funding this case. The Illinois State Rifle Association is a co-plaintiff in this case.
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dont forget to support the NRA-ILA.
  14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

the heller case broke the DC gun ban, there's hope yet for everywhere!

it would be sweet to see a statewide surge of reduced crime and deaths, but like said, we still have to see what the laws will actually be.

woo hoo!
  15. gvw3

Times are changing in our country. Time to take the streets back from the gang's.