It's a start chicago. now NY

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by time2shoot, Dec 11, 2012.

1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20688638

2. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

No the Mayan NRA was weak the Spainards confiscated their arms very fast. This is a real big deal for all gun owners. Once again the Courts have up held the 2nd Amendment. If you have forgot make sure you pay your NRA dues.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Guns for the good guys-YES:dance::dance::dance::dance:
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This is great news. We need this and I believe that people are getting sick and tired of having their freedom to protect themselves taken away. Bravo.
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
  7. favre95

favre95 New Member

The IL GA has 180 days to get this done...or we are essentially a Constitutional carry state. Most of our legislators are in favor of CC at the moment, as it almost passed a year ago. Quinn and the Chicago Machine are the ones really standing in the way. There is no way that the Chicago turds have enough votes to get things going in their direction. They would have done themselves a favor voting on something with their restrictions included previously. That ship has sailed though. The ball is in the 2A proponents court right now IMO.
  8. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

This is indeed good news, at least another step in the right direction for us. Also we must remember to teach and spread responsible firearms ownership to any of our children and grandchildren that we can reach. Schools don't teach much about our Constituiton or our fredoms anymore except how you can be gay if you want. They even avoid the issues and reasons for the Revolutionary War. If you don't believe me ask a teenager, any teenager. They aren't told that the British ( our government ) came over to confiscate our guns so they could maintain control over us. It doesn't just matter to me that I can keep my guns for the rest of my time here, I want my son, and daughters, and all of my future grandkids to have the rights to do the same.
  9. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

I hope your wrong too. I've always felt a little sorry for the people of Illinois, having their gun-rights essentially banned. This is a major step, but the fight is not over; the most important battle of all is coming, legislation. As others have said, it won't matter if they make it near impossible for the average citizen to have CCW.

Bloomberg presides over New York City like a fat greedy king,and I think New York City will be a harder battle than Chicago in some ways. One day however, I'm sure new-yorkers will wake-up and get their state back from the crooks.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Now the folks in Ill. need to call and write their state legislators, so the bill gets written the correct way with "shell issue"
  11. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Two things, did anyone notice the Posner quote in the Sun-Times had a comment (in parenthesis) about the the evidence of protection being "inconclusive"?
    How's that for a lefty slant. Inconclusive? Every State that passed CCW has seen a drop in violent crime, every single one.
    Most of those States have also seen a drop in accidental shootings, despite an increase in gun ownership.
    Secondly, the idiot House Leader Curry stated she hoped the State would "appeal".
    Uh, Ms. Curry, that WAS the appeals Court you dummy, it's finished.
    The Supreme Court ruled on the 2nd, historically speaking the Supremes have rarely ever heard an appeal against one of their own rulings, especially after it was already heard and upheld by a lower Federal Court.
    The State's A.G. remained silent the article states, well of course, the A.G. knows better.
    This is what you get with some of these morons that are Law makers.
  12. fyrfghter1983

fyrfghter1983 New Member

I hope you guys get something like Ohio has, I can carry almost everywhere unless Ive had a beer.