It's About Time For These Folks To Be Shown The Door!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by artabr, Mar 12, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

I'm chewin on my NitroQuick over this story. :mad:
    If the letters U.S.A stood for the United States of Art, they would have to pull my boot out of this morons a*s!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I would do jail time over a face to face meet with this guy.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96SLVQ85&show_article=1

White House objects to UN calling US 'deadbeat'

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House objected Thursday to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's description of the United States as a "deadbeat" donor to the world body.
    Ban used the phrase Wednesday during a private meeting with lawmakers at the Capitol, one day after he met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Ban's "word choice was unfortunate," given that the U.S. is the largest contributor to the United Nations.

The United States pays 22 percent of the organization's nearly $5 billion operating budget but is perennially late paying its dues.

Asked whether Ban should retract his comment, Gibbs said some recognition by Ban of the U.S. role would be appropriate.

"I think given the contribution that the American taxpayer makes, I do think it would be appropriate to acknowledge that role," Gibbs told reporters at his daily briefing.

Ban, apparently concerned about his choice of words, issued a statement late Wednesday saying the U.S. "generously supports the work of the U.N., both in assessed and voluntary contributions." Ban also said he enjoys "an excellent working relationship with the United States and appreciates the many ways that it supports the United Nations."

Art
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

You just don't understand the Korean dictionary.

Definition of "Deadbeat":

"One who generously supports, both in assessed and voluntary contributions."

I simply do not understand why we continue to be a part of this sham organization.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again....f*** the UN.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

bcj1755, I wouldn't want to get that close to it.

Pops
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

:D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

My half drunk buddie says "if ban does not like it to take his goat ***k organization to france and from now on the US should pay its fair share instead of the 25% we currently pay"

i'll drink another one to that:D:p
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

We should show them what deadbeat really means. Pay nothing and demand more until they leave.
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Get US out of UN!!!
  9. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    So, the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has in the past essentially call those of us who are productive, tax paying members of society deadbeats for not sharing enough of our wealth. In this case just who is the pot and who the kettle?
  10. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Its overdue. They are really just a waste of space and other peoples money.
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

HAHAHA!!!!:D:D:D:D
  12. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Time to end this "experiment." The League of Nations was about as successful. We could rent out office space in the prime location. The U.N. is a useless entity that we have propped up for far too long. TJ
  13. LeSabreUltra

LeSabreUltra New Member

The United Nations can rot in hell. If I were the president, they wouldn't be getting jack ****.

And if they had a problem with it, then they can go **** themselves.
  14. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

If I were elected President, I would appoint a potted plant as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. It would be just as effective.
  15. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Art, too bad it isn't the U.S. of Art. Look at the context though and I probably would have come away with the same response as this bonehead.

"Ban used the phrase Wednesday during a private meeting with lawmakers at the Capitol, one day after he met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office." (Emhasis added)

What the hell do you expect after a meeting with our leading idiot?;)
  16. artabr

artabr New Member

:D
    You make a durn good point Sarge. I forgot about the Obozo factor. :rolleyes:

Art
  17. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Well gee, LeSabreUltra, why beat around the bush like this? What do you REALLY think of the UN?
    :D :D :D

I remember the days of the UN's infancy. I was in government school, getting my little head stuffed full of praises for this group and how it was going to prevent any future wars and bring mankind into the utopian age. Do you remember the View Master? It was a 3D viewer that took disks with pictures inset around the outside of them. You would put a disk into this thing and look through it with both eyes, and see a 3D image.
    I had one of these.
    My FAVORITE set of disks was of the UN. Beautiful shots of the edifice, glorious pictures of the row of flags, interior shots of the meetings and palatial decor.

Then I grew up.
    Something liberals are apparently genetically incapable of.

I see Japan jumped ship on the UN report about global warming, though -
    It seems a few years WITHOUT temperature increase while CO2 CONTINUES to increase is sufficient to cause some to spit out the approved cud and look for real food.
  18. LeSabreUltra

LeSabreUltra New Member

Yeah, maybe I was a little too subtle. ;)
  19. obxned

obxned New Member

Evict the UN!