It's down to two - help me choose

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by triplebike, Mar 15, 2010.

1. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Ok all after extensive research & touchy feeling just about every " Full Sized Metal" 9MM available I've pretty much boiled it down to these two;

BERETTA 92FS - About $539
    CZ 75B - About $509

I shoot a lot, (about 600-700 rds a month) I don't reload & am concerned about ease of maintenance & longevity. Both are more accurate than I'll probably ever be. Neither one will be used for carry purposes, or critical for home defense. I really just enjoy shooting the 9MM format. I do not have unlimited funds so value is important. It will be purchased new & will be the base plain black entry version. I'm not into customizing or adding accessories & will leave either one the way it comes out of the box. Both feel great with the very slightest of an edge going to the Beretta. Using the above criteria which would you choose? As always I appreciate any & all comments. Thanks!
  2. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

cz done lol
  3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

My vote goes to the 92FS. I've owned 2 (an American stainless & an Italian blued) & LOVED THEM BOTH! The 17rd magazine makes for a heavy EDC, but since you said that wasn't an issue.

The only thing I ever did to change my Beretta was stick Hogue wrap around grips on it (cuz I like having finger grooves).

IMHO - you won't find a smoother shooting 9mm anywhere. ;)

SR
  4. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

The nicest gun I ever shot was a Beretta, I have never felt a slide so smooth before of since.

I forget how it shot. :p
  5. colt

colt New Member

92fs, great to shoot and feels good in my hand.
  6. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

The CZ! It is the most gun for the least money. The Beretta is nice but the CZ is better!

LDBennett
  7. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Both are good guns. I would give the edge to the CZ.
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I've own a few Beretta's and love them all. I have the 92FS hanging on the head of my bed, so I guess I will vote for the Beretta.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    to me there is no other choice other than the baretta.my reason is it is a milatary pistol and parts if ever needed will be available years from now.it also is a proven design with years of trials.i dont think the cz can boast that. old semperfi
  10. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I have both. CZ is better for the money. Very accurate and trouble free.
  11. MichaelM

MichaelM New Member

92fs. When i was in the service our M9's (92fs in military nomeclature) were all way past well worn and i never came across one that didn't function flawless. I dont think any pistol in the history of man has undergone as much reliability and durability testing as the beretta, not even the beloved 1911.

Mike
  12. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

If parts availability and wide usage are your reasons, the CZ wins

I have both, but prefer the CZ

13. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

You just have to go with what feels the best for you and in your hand. Both are great pistols and you cannot go wrong with either one. I have both and would not want to choose one or the other if I could only have one. Decide and never look back. Neither one will let you down. Good luck.
  14. steve666

steve666 New Member

15. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Re: It's down to two - help me choose UPDATE

It's down to two - help me choose - UPDATE!!!!
    Purchased the CZ 75B. The range that I belong too had one that was 99% new, not even broken in yet for $399. Couldn't pass up the deal so it's on layaway. Will be picking it up shortly. Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I'll post a range report after I pick it up. It'll be interesting how it performs compared to my Stoeger Cougar (which I really love firing)
  16. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I like both. But if i had to choose, the beretta gets the nod. SR said it best;)
  17. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Re: It's down to two - help me choose UPDATE

Congratulations. I also just purchased a 75B with 4 mags for $400.00 for USPSA use. I wanted the longer sight picture and something less expensive to shoot than my 40 cal XD. I too toyed with a Beretta but the price difference made my choice for me.
  18. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Why would you trade reliability for pretty? Glock 19 or 26.
  19. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Both are to small & too light. As far as reliability goes I'll let you know when either my Cougar or 75B fails. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting though, it's probably going to be a while. Glock's are no doubt excellent but they're not for everybody. Personally I'm not one who's buys into the thought process that there's only two brands of guns in the world, Glock's & everything else. There's a big world out there & if Glock disappeared from it tomorrow I don't think the the weapons part of it would miss a beat. JMHO
  20. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have had 2 glocks in stock since I opened my shop in sept 09. I cant sell them. I have had one person even show interest in them. One is a 17 and one is a 22. They are priced at 490.00. I sell rugers and taurus more than anything.