It's early yet, but I don't think Obama is going to work out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacksonco, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Seems to me he is further polarizing congress with his "I gotta have it my way" mind set. His stimulus bill is a joke and doesn't even know whats in it (I don't think anyone knows.) Also he found it necessary to travel to Denver using good tax payer money to sign a bill he could have easily signed in D.C.

Seems like the 2012 campaign is already up and running. The opposition canidates have better take notice and get their hats in the ring now.
  2. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Yes, but he and the lib's will QUICKLY criticize the president of a business for taking a legitimate business trip, which helps stimulate the economy ! AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH !!!!! Don't get me started !!
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I think he flew to the 'Mile High City' to symbolize the mountain of debt we're undertaking... :rolleyes:
  4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

He has so many thugs rigging the votes, that we'll never get out of under! We need a miracle to dig out from this mess!

Don't get me started either! That pork bill is garbage! The jerks in the house are total jerks! and and and.....

grrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  5. bogus bill

bogus bill New Member

I dont think we have to worry about him winning the next one. If he isnt run out on a rail before that I will be suprised. It gets worse by the day. How many has he appointed that didnt quit, run out or under investigation in just a month? When we see the ongoing results of this spending bill that wont work, the huge graft on projects to come, some liberals and air heads are going to get a education. I am just worried the country may never recover. He was right in one statement today when he opened up with "This is the beginning of a end!" To tell the truth, I belive that if he is successfull, I will be EVEN MORE afraid! That will tell me the end is really near! You would have to study the bible to see where I am comeing from on that statement.
  6. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sometimes wonder if some of u are younger or...im just so damn old....................

politics is business....business is nothing without money.....the practice of MO (operandi) dealing with
    " will always return to scene of crime "...I know some of you watch acurate movies...mafia ..example....bosses meet for deal and pick leadership............they will return to same meetings for progress , payoffs , retribution, etc...........

........:confused:

am I only one who remembers location of 2008 DNC presidential convention........................;)
  7. noslolo

noslolo New Member

And to think...everything is going as planned! I hate to think how long it will take the general public to wake up.
  8. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

As long as the media stays "fallin in love" for this man he will have a cake walk in 2012. We can only hope that the media has a falling out with him before it is to late. There are far to many voters out there that take anything the news agency as gospil. As long as he is portayed as the "bringer of peace and prosperity" there will be little the opposition can do to bring him down in 2012.

We are not going down a bumpy road folks cause we already run off the road when Obama was elected to office. Who out there can challange the Sith Lord Obama?
  9. aloft

aloft New Member

This is a letter I actually e-mailed to him last week.

Dear Mr President
    Posted on February 10, 2009 by aloft52 | Edit

Congratulations to your recent election to the White House. I hope you are enjoying all the new digs and services we the American public have provided for you. Remember there are many, many homeless people out there that would give their eye teeth to stay in your dog house for just a few nights. There are equally as many that are hungry that would love to dine with you on many published visits to various restaurants. And let’s not forget those “drugs” you admitted to using many years back. There are many that wish they had your dealer’s telephone number on speed dial because they cannot afford their prescriptions today because of the drug company’s outrageous prices.

Yes Sir, you’ve bought into quite a mess, but you must have wanted it because you, much like another candidate,(now Secretary of State) seemed to be willing to say, promise anything that would get you elected. Well here you are and good luck. I can’t wait for the “change ” you have promised. Will it come in the form of riches or fame? Will I wake up one day and live in a fabulous home with all the trimmings, swimming pools, 3 car garages, guest cottages. Can I expect people to flock to my doors to catch a glimpse of me or ask for autographs? It’s what it sounded like you were saying back on the campaign trail. Change. I somehow suspect the only change I will ever see is the door when I become to old to work anymore. Yes it is needed badly. Sorry to say I doubt giving tons(literally) of money to banks and other big business will work. The banks may survive, but if we the people have no money to put into them then what good are they except to those that are and will always be rich. I’ll just bet it’s not the rich’s tax dollar that is affording this “big bail out” it’s more than likely money from the poor tax payer that banks don’t or will not do business with. In case you didn’t know standard bank mentality in this country is they’ll loan you a thousand dollars if you already have that much and don’t need the loan, but if you do need it but don’t have any money then tough luck.

If the Federal Government gives money to the car company’s, then it should give equal money to all other private enterprise. Why should they be special? It all won’t work anyway because all that money get’s stolen before it ever gets to where it’s supposed to go and do what it was supposed to do in the first place. Ask the banks that got money from the last administration to post publicly an accounting of where all that money went, and have a private accounting firm do the books and figures so we stand half a chance of getting the true figures and information.

Doesn’t anybody remember that all this bail out stimulus stuff has been tried before with no results? I remember getting a check for 3oo dollars when I was a kid from the Government to spend and jump-start the economy. It didn’t work then and it won’t work now, especially now. You would have to give each LEGAL AMERICAN an enormous amounts of money to even start see any results. Here’s a suggestion, abolish all personal debt. If Americans are working 3 jobs to pay off big business and government then they may have a little time and money to go out to a nice restaurant or on vacation and spread a little dough around. Another thing is spending abroad. Millions of rich folk spend millions in foreign countries every year. Maybe offer a tax break to stay here and spread the wealth among fellow citizens.

Trickle down economics does not work. The Regan administration proved that. Money will only trickle down until someone waiting for it steals it before it gets to us. There are people and businesses that devote their time to doing and thinking of ways to do just that, intercept your money before it gets to you. Here’s a good example. Remember all the hype about the 50 dollar toilet seats and big dollar hammers the military was spending money on some years back? It was true. I was in service back then and I remember the meat we used to get before going on patrol. It was stamped USDA GRADE A tenderloin, but it was unlike any beef I had seen before and it certainly wasn’t grade a. Some meat guy with contacts secured the federal contract, paid off a USDA worker to stamp the meat and thus got rich porking the us taxpayer. Stealing federal money is probably one of the biggest industries out there.

Why are we so screwed today? Just look to the past and make a comparison. In 1955 common people could work a job, buy a home and go on vacation 0nce or twice a year. They had cars, clothes, food and medical care. They outnumbered rich people. Industry was booming and products were made here, sold here and overseas.

Today everything is just the opposite. Common people work 3 jobs, can’t afford to rent let alone own, and have few if any luxuries. Eating out is once a year if they are lucks. Most of us get a vacation when our jobs dissolve for one reason or another and we go on unemployment. Big business has taken over and the government allows it to prey on the poor with outrageous interest rates and shaky mortgage’s. So much for the consumer protection agency. Big business also moved our jobs over seas for cheap labor. Now when Your telephone provider calls you to tell you that your bill is in collections, it’s usually a foreigner that has your job which if you still had you wouldn’t be in this position to start with. The rich outnumber common and poor citizens by a huge percentage. There is a joke over on Long Island, NY a waitress told me when I was passing through one day. She told me that there were few middle class people there anymore, just M and M’s. Mexicans and millionaires. The rich to enjoy the good life and the poor to clean up after. Very sad.

I hope you are getting the picture Mr. President.

I truly hope you are still in touch with the real world, and not the made-up version the government gives us each day.

I didn’t vote for you because I didn’t trust you on some issues, now I have to trust you. I hope you stand with all your campaign promises.

GOOD LUCK, and please Sir, If I fall asleep please wake me when my portion of the stimulation package gets here. I can’t afford to miss any of what’s left.

Capt. Don

Filed under: 1 | 1 Comment »
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The media... Hmm, as much as they love him they are going to be his downfall. Why, you ask?

As I've said a hundred times on here, the Recession is measured by what our Gross Domestic Product (GDP) does. Two consecutive negative quarters of GDP is all it takes to say we're in a recession. Consumer spending INSIDE the US makes up 2/3 (roughly 66%) of our GDP. We don't export much. So, if you talk everyone here into not spending by telling them the sky's falling you GET a Recession by default. After the Recession starts, it snowballs as people now have a reason not to spend when they lose their jobs, and that causes others to lose their jobs.

So far, the media has not let up on their relentlessly negative stories even after word that the Stimulus was going to pass. Everything maintains a negative spin even though it's common knowledge that consumer confidence is directly proportional to the news people hear and consumer confidence is directly proportional to consumer spending, which will pull us out of this recession QUICKLY... Look at how child tax credits, steadily reduced personal income taxes and decreases in small business taxes pulled us out of what could have been horrible in the aftermath of the tech sector bubble of 2000. Other countries never recovered from that crisis... See http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/exactly_wrong_again.html

If major media keeps consumer confidence, and therefore consumer spending, low, then no action by this Administration or Congress will have ANY positive effect. The end result will be that people lose faith in the Great Messiabama and 2012 will be a landslide for even Mickey Mouse if he's on the Republican Ticket.

I just don't get it. Sometimes I think the major media has a liberal agenda and other times I think they're just dumber than crap. :confused:
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  11. obxned

obxned New Member

Wow, tell me it ain't so. I am just soooo shocked!!!!
  12. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I don't by any means think those two are mutually exclusive, Pony. ;)

And you're definitely right about all that.
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
    or
    The 2010 Obozo/Dem budget.

Whatever comes first. :rolleyes: :D

Art
  14. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:eek: I need a hug!!!:eek:
  15. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member