It's finally here

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Rneck, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Rneck

Rneck New Member

At long last, here in SC it's deer season again. I'm so thankful I lived to see another one. It will be pure pleasure to go sit in the woods and observe all God's creations and just enjoy nature. Archery season opens tomorrow in the upstate counties and muzzle loader opens the first of Oct. I will be sick from work tomorrow and go see Dr Woods.
  2. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

Hunting is something I'd like to try. But, there's no hunters in my family, and just striking out on my own seems like an exercise in futility.
  3. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

PF, you need to find a good mentor ! Hunting isn't about "killing" ! Its about enjoying time in the outdoors appreciating the manifold wonders of God's creation sans cell phones, cameras, and other distractions that plague our ordinary lives ! "Hunting" is pausing to find enjoyment in watching squirrels at play. Or the soaring of a bird. Its time to appreciate the "smells and small sounds" of the wild. Or watching the interplay of sunlight on leaves. Its reading nature's poetry first-hand !

Harvesting game and the fellowship of companions is just "icing on the cake" ! >MW