1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Its not RACISM

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by GoodOl'12gauge, Sep 22, 2008.

1. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Do your homework folks. McCain isn't much better on guns. Here's an excerpt from an article:

Here's what Gun Owners of America found in its analysis of McCain's voting record in the 106th Congress: Out of 15 votes relating to the right to keep and bear arms, McCain voted right just four times. That amounts to a 27 percent rating. Few Republicans find themselves in such low standing.

and here's the article: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=74028
  2. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

That may be true, and I don't really doubt it. But when your only choices are bad and not-quite-as-bad, then what's a boy to do? At least his stances on other issues make more sense.

Here's another issue that's been touched on in this thread. I have heard more than one "report" or "study" that talks about how some whites may not be for Obama because of his race (even subconsciously) and what that might say about them.

So... where's the study of non-whites who are for Obama just because of his race, and what might that say about them?

Many would probably say it's because they "don't trust whitey." And they could say it without fear of any backlash.
  3. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

prizefighter you are completly correct
  4. Scattergun Bob

Scattergun Bob New Member

As Americans, we all need to vote, I will always exercise my right. The problem with this election is that I HATE to vote against a candidate!!!! I have a sinking heart when we Americans are forced to except the LESSOR OF 2 EVILS.

As much as I respect the Man and his contribution and sacrifice to America, graehaven is correct, we as gun owners are not getting a knight for our cause in Mr. McCain, his record on the 2nd is :( at the very least.

WITH THAT SAID, I PRAY EACH NIGHT TO MY GOD THAT MR McCain IS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!!!!!

Good Luck All & Be Safe
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

graehaven, are you voting for Ron Paul
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I would if he was running.

Here's something to think about, all you, "I'd rather settle for McCain" folks. How many gun owners are there in this country? How many voting, gun owners are there (might be a better question)?

It's millions. Many millions.

Now, what if all the gun owners voted 3rd party - such as Libertarian, a la Bob Barr?

Now, what if all other independent thinking, conservative, non-gun-owning voters supported him too.

I think we'd have REAL change.

The ONLY bad thing about that is that Palin doesn't get in. Right now, she's the ONLY thing desirable that's associated with McCain.

The point is, the American public MUST STOP settling for the lesser of two evils in presidential races. We need to remove the evil through the electoral process.

Encourage independent candidates for Congress, or if there is a true conservative Republican congressional candidate, support them. Most of the Republican incumbents are NOT truly conservative in any way.
  7. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

Graehaven you are unbelievable. I vote Graehaven for our next president.
  8. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

I often wish a 3rd party would come to real power. Unfortunately, it's too late for this election. McCain and Obama are foregone conclusions at this point, thanks in part to the media. Based on "news" coverage, you wouldn't even know there's anyone else but those two.

Also remember that it isn't just getting gun-owning McCain supporters to vote differently. It's also getting gun-owning non-voters to participate in the first place.

I trust McCain to at least do nothing involving the 2nd Ammendment. He seems less likely to get into office and start tramping on it, rather than Obama who seems pretty likely to try to push through a restriction here and a ban there.

It's not entirely the voters' faults either. The Libertarian party (and Independents) needs to stop playing the victim and get some real firepower on their side. History tells us that noone - not even voters - goes around handing out power and influence. It has to be seized. The people who win American elections do it because they play voters like a violin.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I am ambivalent about the post as he deals in generalities. I expected to see specific bills he voted against. He signed the Heller brief and in the past voted against the assault weapons ban but has supported others many of us do not agree with. He is far from perfect but with the addition of Palin I can vote for them. The problem I see is a stand on principal will have the same effect that voting for Ross Perot did in 1992. Your choice in a democracy but the consequence if Obama is elected could have your next stand on principal turn you into a criminal as there is no doubt how he feels about banning/confiscating firearms.
  10. SolidVFR

SolidVFR New Member

We've gotta get some of the folks who hang around here into executive power. People who actually care about personal rights and who actually value the things on which this country was founded. A college educations doesn't make you eligible to run a country or hold an executive office. I don't care if you went to harvard or yale, if you won't defend the people's rights you can stick your degree where the sun don't shine.

On that note, I'm really bothered by the Ivy League stuff. HOW ON EARTH does sitting in an educational institution for 10 years qualify you to staunchly defend the people's rights??? That is the most important thing any government official needs to do. I'd take crappy foreign relations and a terrible economy with my most fundamental rights over great foreign relations and an excellent economy with no basic human rights ANY DAY, AND ANY TIME.
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

The main reason I'm voting for McCain is to keep Nobama out of the White House. :eek::D

The other reason I'm voting for McCain / Palin is to get the most pro gun, conservative, God fearing (and smokin' HOT) Politician close enough to the White House so she can take over and or run for POTUS in 2012.

Until he picked Palin, I was going to hold my nose and vote against Nobama, now I have someone to vote for, even if it is for VP. :D

I guess I'm really voting for Palin, McCain be damned. :rolleyes: