The Firearms Forum banner

It's official, going 1911 over glock 30 for first carry gun.

Tags
1911 glock
5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Dirtypacman 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been saying glock 30 for my first gun when I get my ccw in June. But I recently shot and fell in love with a Springfield armory 1911A1 mil spec and omg it's so purty. :p
I love 1911s and can deal with the weight for everyday carry. Omg .45 is my baby. Forget double stack mags give me A 1911!

#4 ·
Congrats, post up some pics when you get your baby!

#10 ·
marlin , i was pretty much the same

our issue was a 9mm hi power ( Browning ) for years and until i actually had to use it in the field , i thought it was enough

but telling the tale one night with a bunch of your folks ( USMC)

the gunny took a walk and came back with a 1911 and gave it to me

i have never found a weapon i have the same respect for ..

serious ...

i been a 1911 fan since

it aint until you need one in the field that you realise how good they be..

#13 ·
Im just wondering have you shot a glock before? Ive heard alot of people didnt like the glock because of its thickness.I carry a glock 21 45acp.Its really thick but I have very large hands and im a very large person.Im 6'4 and 280 lbs so its perfect for me.I have never shot a 1911 but I think they are beautiful guns.How I ended up with the glock was it was my nephew's gun,he is in the army and he got in some trouble and couldnt have a personal firearm for a year and he sold it to me for $200 dollars.It is brand new and he paid $547 for it so i couldnt go wrong there.Before that deal came along I was looking at a springfiels .40 cal.Wich I will still purchase when I have the extra money but right now my priority is stocking up on survival supplies.Good luck and happy shooting

#14 ·
I carry a sw1911 performance center talk about accurate wow shot 20 rounds today at 50 ft all 20 in the black about 4inch circle wow I love my smith PC . I have a glock 17 gen2 9mm hate that gun personal thing i guess sits in my safe does nothing for me been rebuilt by glock and sent out for cerakote finish new nite sites got it back shot 25rounds thru it to make sure it came back ok it did but still hate that gun I will sell if anyone wants it

#16 ·
I really like Glocks and 1911s but I will agree the 1911 are much more attractive lol. My Mil Spec Park Springfield with a few additions
I don't know of anyone that has ever said Gaston designed the Glocks to be a "purty gun".

1911 or a G30, you can't go wrong with either one.

#18 ·
The weight really isn't that bad if you have a good holster & belt. I'm 6'1", 200lb and I can carry my full size Springfield Loaded all day. I was considering a shoulder holster though so it's easier to carry in the car.

#20 ·
I recently just started not liking glocks so much. I've had my mits on Springfield 1911's and XD .40's and .45's and am just in love with both. I'm turning into a springfield nut.
Haha I am going through the reverse right now. I am trying to justify purchasing another Glock without completely turning into a fanboy.

#21 ·
Im just wondering have you shot a glock before? Ive heard alot of people didnt like the glock because of its thickness.I carry a glock 21 45acp.Its really thick but I have very large hands and im a very large person.Im 6'4 and 280 lbs so its perfect for me.I have never shot a 1911 but I think they are beautiful guns.How I ended up with the glock was it was my nephew's gun,he is in the army and he got in some trouble and couldnt have a personal firearm for a year and he sold it to me for $200 dollars.It is brand new and he paid $547 for it so i couldnt go wrong there.Before that deal came along I was looking at a springfiels .40 cal.Wich I will still purchase when I have the extra money but right now my priority is stocking up on survival supplies.Good luck and happy shooting
Yes I've shot just about every model and size except for the 9MM models as I know no one who carries a 9MM. :D
I love the G23 and G30 and G21 there good guns when broken in but for right out of the box I like 1911A1's and XD45's.

#22 ·
Haha I am going through the reverse right now. I am trying to justify purchasing another Glock without completely turning into a fanboy.
Haha I'm trying to justify buying a semi auto pistol in general. I grew up on a ranch and have carried a .45 Colt revolver and .357 mag daily. It's hard steering away from the good ol classics. But 6 rounds isn't appealing anymore when I can have 11 plus multiple mags that are easier to reload. lol For coyotes a revolver is fine. lol

#25 ·
Haha I'm trying to justify buying a semi auto pistol in general. I grew up on a ranch and have carried a .45 Colt revolver and .357 mag daily. It's hard steering away from the good ol classics. But 6 rounds isn't appealing anymore when I can have 11 plus multiple mags that are easier to reload. lol For coyotes a revolver is fine. lol
Well everyone should have a 1911 so that gives you a reason right there.
Then if your going to have a 1911 you might as well get a plastic fantastic because that's our generations go to gun.
And if your going to get both a 1911 and a Glock/XD/M&P or variant then you need to mix up the calibers a bit so you don't get board.

That should give you ample excuses for at least 3 guns right here :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.