It's official, we are now an Atheist Nation

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Shizamus, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

Federal Judge Makes It Official -- America Now an Atheist Nation
    Special commentary from AFA chairman Don Wildmon

The issue isn't a granite stone with the Ten Commandments inscribed on it. Never has been. The issue is much more diverse and important than a piece of stone.

The issue was best stated by none other than Federal Judge Myron Thompson, who said that the display of the stone containing the Ten Commandments (which also contains a host of other historical documents) is illegal. Thompson said the central, most important issue was this: "Can the state acknowledge God?"

After asking the question, he went on to answer it. "No."

That is the issue. Lest we fail to understand what has occurred here, let me explain. A single, lower-court federal judge has bluntly told every American that America is now officially an atheist nation.

In one swift stroke of the pen, Judge Thompson tossed out over 225 years of American history and law. In one swift stroke of the pen, he has instituted a new form of law based on what he wants it to be. Rex has become lex. He wears a black robe and he says he is the law.

Go back and read the First Amendment, the one Judge Thompson destroyed in the name of preserving it. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," the First Amendment says. Congress has passed no law establishing religion. But what Congress refused to do, indeed because Congress refused to do it, Judge Thompson did. He instituted as the law of the land the religion of atheism, which says there is no God.

Not only did Judge Thompson usurp the power of Congress, he also took away the rights of every individual and state. The second half of the establishment clause of the First Amendment reads: "... or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This is precisely what one lower federal judge has done. He told Americans who disagree with his official state religion of atheism that he can and will prohibit the free exercise of their religion -- unless, of course, that religion is atheism. He stripped both Congress and the people of their rights. He set himself above the law because he considers himself to be the law.

From this day forward, our entire judicial system must be based on the religion of atheism. Follow that to its logical conclusion. In the future there will be no frame of reference from which to decide law. Law will become what any person wearing a black robe and sitting in court desires it to be. The First Amendment has been ripped apart in the name of upholding it. Orwell's 1984 has arrived.

No, you will not notice any drastic changes immediately. There is still a remnant left in the hearts and minds of the current citizenry. But when that remnant dies out, those who come after us will see a big difference.

The state will become intolerant of any religion other than atheism. That, of course, will come into conflict with people of conscience whose religion differs from that of the state. That is when the persecution, quite legal I might add, will start. It was the atheist Santayana who said: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of Independence, wrote: "The Constitution is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."

Indeed, Santayana and Jefferson were right.

TAKE ACTION:

Go to www.stopliberaljudges.com to learn more.
    Contact your two senators and ask them to co-sponsor the Religious Liberties Restoration Act.

www.afa.net
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Thanks for the notice, Shiz. I am a member of AFA but my notices have been stopped until BellSouth gets its act in order and straightens out my e-mail facilities lost in the move to Mississippi.

I have sent a note to each Senator both in Mississippi and to my good friends in Alabama, Dick Shelby and Jeff Sessions.
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

B(_)LL$#IT [​IMG]
  4. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

Can an atheist get insurance against acts of God ? :confused:
  5. potato_sniper

potato_sniper New Member

Wrong!

Listen Shiz,
    As much as I hate to be the one to say it, your essay is complete bunk. America has not become an atheist nation. It was never a Christian nation in the first place. Just in case you forgot, America was founded on the principles of RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, not Christianity. You can love America and you can love God, but when you mix those two together, things start getting sketchy.

Example: Justifying a war by saying someone is “evil.” (Unless you’re God, you probably shouldn’t claim to be the judge of good and evil)

If a judge were allowed to judge someone based on his own religious beliefs instead of the law, things would get messy in a hurry. I’m not saying that the Ten Commandments should have been removed, but if you don’t have them posted in/around your own house, I don’t think you have any right to be upset about their removal from a courthouse. I’d be willing to bet that anyone really concerned with this would also fly off the handle if every other major religion claimed the right to put their stone up next to this one.

All I’m saying is this: If you want to live by the Ten Commandments, you’re welcome to. But, just as no-one else has the right to expect you to live by his religion, you have no right to expect others to live by yours.

The issue is not Religion Shizamus; the issue is Freedom. Freedom to decide about God for yourself. Freedom to be judged by the LAWS of THIS LAND, ONLY. And freedom not to be bombarded by something you do not believe in.
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Potato_sniper, are you saying that the word "evil" is not justified when describing someone like Saddam Hussein or Osama bin Laden? What about the 19 mass murderers who carried out the attacks on 9/11? You don't think "evil" applies? :confused:

I don't see how anyone could say God is the only one who can make that determination. It's not a judgment, it's just an observation.

And besides, calling people "evil" was never a sole justification for a war. Don't you think you were stretching it a bit there?
  7. potato_sniper

potato_sniper New Member

Slightly Skewed from Topic

All I was saying by that remark is that war should be based on POLITICAL Reasons. And, if we, as a country, have good reasons for going to war with someone, then the government and/or media should let us know. It’s our right as citizens to be told the FACTS instead of being bombarded with propaganda designed to play on our fear and hatred. Things like the “Axis of Evil”, the “March to Baghdad”, “Shock and Awe”, and “Countdown Irag” make me sick. I’ll say it again, Stupid Propaganda Catch Phrases make me Sick.

I wasn’t saying that the United States’ sole reason to go to war was the evilness of Sadam. I simply said that the government/media tried to get the American public on board by justifying the war as one against evil.

If the US sets a goal of destroying evil, I think we’ll witness another round of the the Crusades. And, maybe if the US minded its own business, less of the world would hate us.

We have to go after these people based on what they’ve done, not who they are or how “evil” we think them to be.

All I'm asking of you is to look beyond the hype and refuse to let the media cloud your vision of the truth.
  8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I'm the last person who would let the media cloud my vision of the truth.

Catch phrases and slogans are part of propaganda. You cannot escape propaganda. No matter which side you're on, no matter what subject you're talking about, you cannot escape it. That is part of life. As long as there is language, there will be catch phrases and slogans.

I don't necessarily like it either, when the media and/or government latches onto a phrase to drum up public support. But in the case of Saddam, Al-Qaeda, and others that we are fighting, I think the facts speak for themselves. No catch phrases are necessary.
  9. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

potato_sniper, I appreciate the time and effort you've taken to explain yourself.

Don't shoot the messenger (Shizamus). He's 1 of us! :D
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Zig. R U sure? When da shiz stops wit da C&P an presents his "own" opinions IB will decide. Not bfor. Jus anudder Josey in my book(which dont get red too much):cool:
  11. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Ib, spose it b how red you wanna be :D LOL
  12. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

13. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Zig i usta wuz well red but thas anudder life??

lemme spress masef thisway, "Iyam not a hyphenated AMERICAN. Not now, not ever.

an thasda name a dat game--------------------:cool: