It's the best day ever!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 17thfabn, Nov 22, 2006.

1. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

:) My five year old daughter has been running around the house singing "It's the best day ever" From the Spoonge Bob Square Pants movie. (If you don't know who Spoonge Bob is feel lucky:) )

In honor of Thanksgiving Day how about some of us post our own stories of our "Best Day Ever". ( :) remember this is a family forum, try to keep it PG, please no stories of that young lady you meet on a port call:) )

My best day ever was the day my wife and I brought our oldest son home from the hospital. He was in the hospital for a monthwhen he was born and almost didn't survive. If he had been born ten years before the heart lung machine (ECMO) that saved him wouldn't have been available.
    He has always had a great disposition, even as a baby. And he is truly the smartest kid in his class. We were very worried that he would have brain damage due to his ordeal. He is small for his age, but has a slightly above average head size, I guess he needs all that room for extra brain power! I love my boy and girl equaly. My little girl is the sweetest most beautiful five year in the world! (although she is increadable hard headed) But the day my son came home was extra special due to all he had gone through.

If you can't limit it to one "Best Day Ever" feel free to give more than one best day ever!

Last summer we took my sons best friend camping with us. When he got home he told his mom and dad he had the best day ever. That was a great feeling to give a kid a good memory!
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

WOW That is a hard one pick
    the best day every for me runs a long line from the day I got my orders to depart VN to the day my sons where born and then there is the day I woke up on the gurney on the way to the morgue.
    I guess if I was to pick one it would be the day I knocked on the door of a lady that my sister-in-law had set up a blind date with.
    Yep I married her and we are still living happily every after, Carla is just the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!!!!!!!
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Hard to boil it down to one!
    Getting out of the Navy.
    First Skydive.
    First date with Terri.
    500th Skydive, the only one my Parents saw.
    Wedding day w/ Terri.
    Day Jessica was born. now she's 14.
    Yosemite trip w/ Jessica & her 8th grade class.
    Fishing trip w/ my Dad & Brothers.
    I have been Blessed! :)
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Every day that the Lord lets me wake up is the best day ever.
    Other than that I won't go into details to save space on the forum Their was a day a little over a year ago that I survived when few others in my neighborhood did
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Too hard!!

I'd have to say:
    the day my son was born
    the day my daughter was born
    the day I finally was able to buy my own house after the divorce
    the day Marlin proposed
    the day Marlin and I got married
  6. Numero Uno has got to be the day I got on the big-assed bird to come home from Vietnam, and I was still in one piece! :)

The day I married Sandy, my wife, almost 30 years ago.
    Birth of the kids.
    Completion of my Master's thesis in history.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I got the "CadDog" theme song stuck in my head once.... i was singing it while shopping at the local Wal Mart. Got a few weird looks.... but it don't bother me one bit. :D

Well, i didn't meet my exwife on a "port call"....but the results were the same!!!!! :eek: :mad: :mad:

Best day..... Actually, no "One" best day...but rather "best days" were when both of my grandparents were alive. I used to go from Omaha to Fargo and would meet them at Embers "a resteraunt" in Fargo. They were always so glad to see me.
    Those were the "best days"......

mike
    gn
  8. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Gotta be my wedding day just last June. Life is good.