It's time for... Name that political party!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Does any of what you are about to read sound familiar? I copied it directly from a political party's web site. Can you guess which party it is? Let's see how politically sharp you are.

I've had to edit it just slightly, so as not to give it away before you guess. Good luck!

"The (name that party) is the party of and for the U.S. working class, a class which is multiracial, multinational, and unites men and women, young and old, employed and unemployed, organized and unorganized, gay and straight, native-born and immigrant, urban and rural, and composed of workers who perform a large range of physical and mental labor—the vast majority of our society. We are the party of the African American, Mexican American, Puerto Rican, all other Latino American, Native American, Asian American, and all racially and nationally oppressed peoples, as well as women, youth, and all other working people.

The living standards of workers and the natural environment on which life depends are under constant attack due to the drive for maximum profits... Our party fights for jobs and economic security, a decent and rising standard of living, peace, justice, equality, a sustainable environment, gay rights, health care, education, affordable housing, the needs of seniors, democracy, and a fulfilling life for everyone."

Did you guess the Republican Party? Of course not.
    The Reform Party? Nope.
    The Libertarian Party? Not even close.

If you guessed the Democratic Party (pretty obvious, huh?), you'd be WRONG! It's from the Communist Party USA website.

Read it again, and see how hauntingly close it is to the pap you hear espoused by Democrat politicians day in, and day out. You be the judge.
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The party that ol Huck Fin likes soooo much...? :mad:

mike
    gn
  3. Yup, Lenin would have been proud of them, Pat. :mad:
  4. durk

durk New Member

Doesn't surprise me a bit! I really don't see why they haven't joined forces. Maybe they could become the COMMUCRATS!:eek:
  5. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

No, I'm a Democrat, not a communist. If you read something more extensive than a bumper sticker once in a while, you might learn something! But if it makes you feel better spouting stupid tripe, enjoy it while you can. The Dems now control the Senate & the House, in '08 we'll take back the White House. And who are you going to blame? Your republican party is a sinking ship old buddy and your captian is a buffoon, that, coupled with the fact that you don't even have a candidate that can beat Hillary has got to sting a little. So call us what you want but we'll be running the show for the next decade or so. I finally have something to thank george bush for!!!!!!
  6. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Comrade Huck, :D do you deny the similarity? It is disturbing. I would think that as a
    "democrat" your time would be better spent repairing the party of your choice than bashing the GOP and Bush. Unless of course you agree with the content of the original post?
  7. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:eek: talk about STING! ;)
  8. Perhaps, Huck, but then, perhaps not. It's still nearly two years to the next general election, and judging from the way the Dems have been pursuing their minority liberal agenda with such vehemence, there's still plenty of time for the American public to wake up. Wait and see what happens if they are successful in their efforts to reverse the Republican tax cuts in an economy that's better than it has been in a long while. I have little doubt Hillary will secure the nomination, but getting her elected will not be the cake walk you seem to think it is.
  9. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Why repair something that's working??? The American public showed what it thinks of the republican party in the last election. Looks to me like it's the republicans that have to do some repairing. In case you didn't see it on FOX News, the repubs got their butts handed to them. But maybe you should just keep defending bush, why abandon a strategy that has worked so well in the past?

Pistolenschutze,
    I really don't think Hillary will get the nomination, nor do I want her to. Not that I don't think she could win the General Election, but I'd like to see who else is going to throw their hat in the ring first. You have to admit, the republicans are in real trouble in terms of the "08 Elections
  10. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I guess the constant drown of the MSM's anti Bush agenda affected more of the weak minded and got the dems back in. Of course now instead of whinning they will have to do something. If they go by what they have been promising they won't be in for long. Raising taxes and losing the war on terror will not be popular with the people no matter how much cover the MSM gives them.
  11. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

So, you're saying that up until now, bush has been winning the war on terror in Iraq????? That's not what bush's own experts say, even bush admits it's not working. So don't try to shift the blame and put it on the Democrats, be a man and admit that bush really dropped the ball in Iraq.
  12. Huck, you could indeed be right, but I think that largely depends on what happens over the next two years. If the left wing of the Democratic Party does end up setting the agenda, I think the Democrats will be in serious trouble two years from now. Mainstream America is simply neither left nor right wing, but rather slightly right of center, at least the majority of them. Obviously, there are fringe extremists out there on both sides of the political spectrum, and while they may be vociferous, I do not believe are not truly representative. American politics are NEVER predictable as our history has shown repeatedly. I will grant you, the Republicans have no "shining star" candidates out there at present, and that Hillary is coming on strong for the Democrats at the moment. That could easily change, and I think it likely will. It's just my view, but I suspect Hillary will peak rather early, her past (and gender, let's be honest here) will catch up to her, and that will hurt her badly even if she gets the nomination. Think back, Huck, who would have believed Jimmy "the Peanut Farmer" Carter would emerge as the Democratic candidate in 1976 and actually win the election? I suspect the Republican candidate in 2008 is not even on the radar right now. We shall see.
  13. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Not working is not losing. The plan your side is putting forward is guaranteed to lose. It is just what the terrorists want for us to quit. If instead of obstruction and flip flops your side actually recalled that they put forth the same thing prior to Bush taking office, we might be in better shape. Of course they would rather have America lose than give any support to Bush or the GOP. You must be so proud to be in line with the likes of Murtha, Fonda and Clooney.

Huck, I notice that you as most dems do dodged the original question. You went on an anti Bush tangent but ignored the similarities between what the dems say and the communists. Declaring your not a commy and then supporting the party that says the same thing may ease your mind but is troublesome to me. I guess its just like I believe in gun ownership but support all those who want to strip that right from us.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

sat ~ you forgot to mention the dims that got elected ran as if they were republicans. if they'd come out as rabid moonbats, they'd have lost.;)
  15. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Your right. They also said Saddam was a threat, regime change was needed and they supported going to war. Of course this was before Bush took office. Funny how they say all kind of pub stuff prior to elections and then once in they go back to cut and run.