I've ALWAYS hated the damm Steelers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Jan 15, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

...and I ain't even a COLTS fan.... :mad:
  2. And your point is . . ? :rolleyes: Personally, I think all professional sports is hooey and hockum, or as Shakespeare said (in Macbeth), "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Hey, if we abolished all professional sports, think of all those strong guys the construction trades would have available . . . as hod carriers, for example. :D
  3. Mesen

Mesen Active Member

But you have to admit the game was AWESOME!!!!!

My problem is that I liked both teams so I was cheering for both.

see ya
    Bree
  4. polishshooter

Yeah, Bree, and my daughter is a BIG colts fan since we moved to the Hoosier when she was in 1st grade, and she lucked into 2 tickets to the game from her work at the radio station, called Friday to tell us, (and for a SECOND I thought she might take her old man!) and took one of her old roommates from college who's another huge Colt's fan and whose birthday was yesterday...she just called on her cell from her car in traffic at the stadium, I don't think I've ever heard two girls THAT hoarse crying that much!

But she said she now knows what it felt like for me after Scott Norwood...but at least HE hit the darn NET! (and it WAS the Super Bowl...) ;)

Yeah, I confess, I'm a BILLS fan :eek: ...who's ALWAYS hated the damm Steelers! :mad:

And LIGHTEN up PS, Sports is "the opiate of the masses" to us Capitalists!
  5. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

I must be weird.

I don't follow any Pro sports, none, nadda. I feel its all BS.

Couldn't care less. I'd rather be sweeping the garage or cleaning the toilet.

I'm impressed when a guy that can make a tig weld that looks like a roll of dimes or can solve a mechanical/electrical/ problem.

Some years ago I made a stop at a rest stop on the NJ Turnpike. A pro football team did the same.

The guys were monsters, big and obviously powerful. They talked like they were from the ghetto and were so into themselves that it made me glad that I don't watch or follow them.

No thanks.
  6. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

I lost Ten bucks on that game..............I hate the Steelers too.

Good luck Denver.
  7. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

re: don't follow sports

You're not alone. I don't follow sports much at all. I do get in the random pools now and then, especially for the major events such as the super bowl, Indy 500, and so forth.
  8. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

My tig welds look like two rows of offset lapping fish scales, not amature dimes. My year has been made. UT won and it`s over for me...

LTS
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D you're not alone! i cannot stand the steelers & the reasons are totally unrelated to football. LOL! :D ( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

i dont follow pro sports, heck, i barely follow sports. :p but i have watched a few college football games the past couple yrs. ( :eek: does that mean i'm turning into a football fan?! :eek: :p )

it would have been REALLY SWEET to see the steelers LOSE BIG tho! :D
  10. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

Doesn't anyone like the Steelers ???????.....................I'm been watching them for years.
  11. We here in Colorado are hoping to see Steeler sushi produced at Invesco this weekend. ;)
  12. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Liktoshoot,

My hat is off to you, bro!

A weld like that is piece of art.
  13. tom vito

tom vito New Member

lived about 35 miles from pittsburgh all of my 36 years, and I my favorite team is the cowboys. I do watch the steelers now and again, and now I will cheer for them since none of my teams are in the final four, but I'm not a steeler fan that is painting his face, or flying half way around the country to see a game. I would rather spend the money on a new gun or two. And if I had to be flying somewhere, I would be going to vegas to loss some money, or florida to disney to loss some money, or a hunting trip with my son.
  14. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

You have more reason to hate them, now! LOL

I enjoy watching football, but I'm sick of the way the media & fanatics make Gods out of pro athletes. They put their pants on like the rest of us. Everyone has their own special talent. Theirs does pay a bit more. Of course, the media has a field day when one of the Clowns get busted, & a good deed by one goes un-noticed. Good news doesn't sell. oh well.....

GO SEAHAWKS! :D
  15. polishshooter

Oh well, my daughter is having a party, so I get to drink some beer and cook some good wings, and watch the commercials, even IF the Bills ain't playing... :cool:

Go 'Hawks! :p (But don't tell my new boss, who is a damm Steelers fan even though he lives in DALLAS, he thinks I LIKE them... :cool: )

(Even IF I don't think the 'Hawks have a chance...)