I'VE BEEN FIRED.....I'VE BEEN FIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Oct 31, 2006.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I know how ya feel. I got DOWNSIZED in March. 6 months prior to being downsized they promoted me and gave me a new department to manage then laid off ALL my experienced people and left it to me to train and operate pretty much all by myself. Worked my A** off for next 6 months (Total stress job, even had to have emergency Gall Bladder surgery and back at work in a week) and just as I finally had everything running really smooth, they shut down our entire department.

I work in the Mortgage Industry and layoffs is the nature of the beast so I was moderately prepared for it. Credit Card Protection a little nest egg etc...(I still thank God I did'nt buy the new car I wanted.)

So I have been adjusting to my reduced lifestyle and enjoying my time off, even managed to buy a few new guns in the last 5 months, but its now getting to the point where I gotta really start looking hard for a new job. Been thinking about the Wal-Mart greeting job but I'm only 40 and I don't know if I'm over or under qualified. (HA)

Good luck and best wishes. Try not to stress to much about it, take a little time for yourself and family.
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

A friend was telling me that wal mart used to be good at promoting their people who worked their tails off....however, with the expenses of recent legal fights taking place they are cutting back on the number of management positions....
    Thanks to the likes of Al Gore and his liberal freak buddies.... :mad: :mad:

mike
    gn
  3. whiteclouder

whiteclouder Member

Hey, GN, I haven't posted to you in years but I know you've got the 'grit' (no pun intended) to move on and up. Best of good fortune to you.

Clouder..
  4. Tuttle

Tuttle New Member

Congrats on the unemployment.

I am kind of in the job market myself.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Good God....it has been a while!!!! Where have you been?!!!!

mike
    gn
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Helloooooo Clouder!

Nice to see that you are still kicking. Been missing your input.